Surf and Turf Recipe
I am sure everyone loves surf and turf with a glass of wine, especially on special occasions.
What is surf n turf?
It’s a main course commonly found in fancy steak and seafood restaurants. It usually combines a red meat and a seafood entree on a single serving, and served with a variety of sides.
Red meat is typically a steak, cooked to your desired doneness. Seafood can be lobster, crab legs, shrimp or scallops. The seafood entree can be grilled, steamed, poached or deep-fried.
This is one of the easiest and the best homemade surf and turf recipes. I combine a 6-oz prime steak with crab legs, served with melted butter.
It’s restaurant quality at a fraction of the cost. You have to try this recipe!
Surf and Turf Ideas
There are endless combinations and here are some of the best ideas:
- Garlic Chive Butter Grilled Steak
- Garlic Butter Brazilian Steak
- Skillet Garlic Butter Steak
- Flank Steak
- Garlic Butter Lobster Tails
- Baked King Crab
- Dungeness Crab
- Garlic Lemon Butter Crab Legs
How to Make Surf and Turf?
Turf and surf means you have to make the steak and the seafood separately.
For my recipe, first, I seasoned the prime steak with salt and pepper. Then, I prepared the snow crab legs by steaming them in a steamer.
In the meantime, I fired up my grill and grilled the steak for 3 minutes on each site, with direct heat.
The last step is plating with the turf, and then the surf with melted butter. Add a few lemon wedges on the side and dinner is ready!
Surf and Turf Sides
You can serve a variety of sides to this restaurant-quality meal. I recommend the following side dishes:
- The ultimate dinner rolls.
- Mashed potatoes. My recipe is adapted from French chef Joel Robuchon.
- Garlic roasted potatoes.
- Garlic butter sauteed asparagus.
- Garlic herb sauteed mushrooms.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is 733 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve this dish with side dishes. For restaurant surf n turf dinner just like Red Lobster, I recommend the following recipes.
- 2 6 oz. (170 g) piece prime steak
- Ground black pepper
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) snow crab legs (2 clusters)
- Chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Lemon wedges
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Steam the snow crab legs in a steamer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, fire up a grill and grill each side of the steak for 3 minutes. Turn over to the other site and grill for 3 minutes, for medium well.
- Plate the steak and the crab legs on two plates, garnish with parsley. Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges.
Amount Per Serving Calories 733Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 326mgSodium 1656mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 98g