Glazed ham is a holiday must-have. Christmas or holiday dinner is incomplete without ham. It’s a good old tradition that everyone loves. Who doesn’t love sweet and sticky ham with a honey glaze?
Other Recipes You Might Like
How Do You Glaze Ham?
It’s very easy and quick to glaze a pre-cooked ham bought from the food store and supermarket. First of all, you need to make a glaze. There are all kinds of glaze, but sweet tasting glaze works the best, for example: honey.
Without a glaze, pre-cooked ham can be pretty boring and tasteless. The honey glaze makes the ham extremely delicious and the centerpiece of holiday dinner.
This spicy honey glazed ham recipe is an absolute must-try if you are serving ham. The sticky sweet honey glaze is to die for, it’s so good that I am now using the glaze for all kinds of recipes.
How Do You Make the Honey Glaze?
The spicy honey glaze is made with honey, with a little heat (mild but enough to tingle the palate), with dijon mustard and grainy mustard. Mix all the ingredients together and brush the glaze on the pre-cooked ham.
Every bite of the ham is bursting with amazing flavor due to the interplay of the sweet honey and the smokey and savory ham. Every bite also comes with a poppy sensation as you bite into the tiny mustard seeds.
Jazz up your holiday this year with this glazed ham recipe, I assure you that everyone would love the holiday ham!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 151 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 4-pound (2 kg) fully cooked bone-in half ham, shank or butt
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring the ham to room temperature 1 hour before baking
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Place the ham flat-side down in a roasting pan and add the chicken broth to the pan. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Whisk the honey, brown sugar, mustards, vinegar, hot sauce, parsley and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Remove half of the glaze to a separate bowl and set aside for serving. Remove the ham from the oven, discard the foil and brush with about one-quarter of the remaining glaze. Continue baking, brushing with the glaze and the pan juices every 30 minutes, until the ham is a deep reddish-brown and a thermometer inserted into the center registers 140°F (60°C), bake for a total 1 hour. (Add 1/2 cup water to the pan if the juices dry out.)
- Transfer the ham to a cutting board and let rest 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with the reserved glaze.
Bring the ham to room temperature 1 hour before baking
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 151Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 337mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 0gSugar 35gProtein 1g