I have a new favorite and family-friendly chicken dinner that takes only 20 minutes to make…this easy skillet spicy honey-glazed chicken is so good that I practically licked my fingers.
The chicken and the sweet honey glaze is crazy delicious, with just a tint of heat.
I adapted the glaze recipe from the spicy honey-glazed ham recipe I shared recently. After tasting the sauce, I know that I could use it to make a variety of dishes, and I immediately developed this Spicy Honey-Glazed Chicken recipe idea in my head.
This chicken dinner couldn’t get any easier. First, you season the chicken thighs with salt and ground black pepper.
Then you pan-fry them on medium heat until golden brown and the chicken skin turns crispy and the inside is cooked through. For the glaze, you just need to mix up all the ingredients together.
After the chicken is done, you just add the honey glaze to the chicken. Make sure the chicken is nicely doused in the spicy honey glaze and completely cooked through. Easy peasy and you’ll have the best chicken ever. Just look at the pictures, they don’t lie!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 554 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 5-6 1 1/2 - 2 lbs (0.5kg-1kg) chicken thighs
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of your choice, Tabasco, Asian chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine all the ingredients of the Glaze together, stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat up a skillet and pan-fry the chicken thighs, skin side down first. Flip the chicken over and pan-fry until both sides are nicely browned and crispy. Keep turning and cooking the chicken to make sure they are completely cooked through. Remove from the skillet and discard the chicken fat.
- Heat up the Glaze in the skillet on low heat, reduce a little before adding the chicken thighs back in. Simmer on low heat until the glaze nicely coats both sides of the chicken. Check the inside of the chicken for doneness. Serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 554Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 185mgSodium 666mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 1gSugar 32gProtein 32g