Best Turmeric Recipes
Recently I read it online that turmeric is a super food that does wonders to our health. The yellow color root belongs to the ginger family and is anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, has wound healing and other medicinal benefits.
It’s one of my favorite spices; it imparts an exotic taste, wonderful fragrance and aromas to protein such as chicken.
This honey turmeric chicken is a great recipe to introduce you to turmeric. The chicken is moist, juicy, delicious, golden in color, with an intense aroma and absolutely mouthwatering.
Ingredients for Honey Turmeric Chicken
- Chicken thighs
- Oyster sauce or soy sauce
- Turmeric powder
- Cayenne powder
Frequently Asked Questions
What Foods Can You Put Turmeric On?
You can sprinkle turmeric on all kinds of food, varying from rice, soup, salads, vegetables, and eggs. It even goes well on a cob of corn. Turmeric stains easily so make sure you use spoon and do not spill them over your countertop.
What Can You Use Turmeric Spice For?
Turmeric has an active compound, curcumin, which has been proven to prevent Alzheimer’s, heart disease, cancer, depression, and arthritis.
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 315 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This dish is best served with steamed rice or noodles. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 4 chicken thighs, deboned but skin-on
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce or soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Add the garlic, honey, oyster sauce, turmeric powder, cayenne pepper and salt to the chicken, stir to combine well.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) on medium heat and add the oil. Transfer the chicken to the skillet and cook on both sides, until they turn golden brown, crispy on the bottom and nicely glazed and browned on the skin side.
- Dish out and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.