The Best Baked Salmon
This spicy honey baked salmon is the perfect baked salmon in foil. It is one of the best salmon recipes ever!
The salmon is juicy, moist, and flakes nicely. Even better, the spicy honey marinade doesn’t burn during the baking process.
Foil baking is my top choice when it comes to oven cooking.
The reasons are simple: I don’t have to wash dishes, plus foil baking makes everything taste better as it retains the original flavors of the ingredients.
Therefore, the flavors are inside the foil packet so you get the best of the marinade as well as the natural taste of the salmon.
The active time of this spicy honey salmon in foil recipe is 10 minutes. So easy and quick!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Ingredients for Honey Salmon Marinade
- Dijon mustard
- Asian chili garlic sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sesame oil
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do Know If Salmon Is Cooked?
Salmon will turn pink when it cooks. Use a knife to poke the thickest part after about 7 minutes of cooking. If the meat begins to flake and still has a little of that translucency, it’s cooked!
What Temp Should Salmon Be Cooked To?
Salmon should reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 262 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
Baked salmon in foil is best served with rice. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Spicy Honey Baked Salmon
- 1 lb. salmon
- ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili garlic sauce or tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Rinse the salmon with water and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer the salmon to a big sheet of aluminum foil. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Combine the honey, dijon mustard, chili garlic sauce or tabasco, Apple cider vinegar and sesame oil together. Stir to mix well. Add the spicy honey sauce to the salmon, spread and coat the surface evenly.
- Fold and wrap the foil tightly and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of your salmon). Unwrap the salmon, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.