Easy and Tasty Appetizer
Bacon wrapped shrimp is an appetizer that is so easy to make and the end results are mouthwatering. There are two simple steps to this recipe.
Just wrap the shrimp with bacon and then pan-fry, grill, or bake in the oven. This recipe is a crowd pleaser and you can make them the whole year regardless of season.
Serve them with cocktail sauce, or your favorite chili sauce, they are absolutely mouthwatering and delightful.
How to Make Bacon-wrapped Shrimp
I have some bacon, lemon, and shrimp in the fridge so I immediately thought about using these ingredients to make these wonderful bacon-wrapped shrimp, a recipe I bookmarked from the Food & Wine magazine.
This is such a great idea for the weekends, for game day, or simply as an appetizer to feast on.
How to Bake Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
To bake bacon wrapped shrimp, preheat the oven to 375F and bake for 20 minutes. Broil until the bacon turns crispy and slightly charred. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
You can also deep fry bacon wrapped shrimp by heating up some cooking oil. Deep fry for 1 minute or until the bacon turns crispy.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 339 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 20 Jumbo shrimp, shelled with tail on
- 10 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
- Whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, garlic, and lemon zest. Wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon and brush the surface on both sides with the olive oil mixture.
- Heat up a fry pan and arrange the shrimp on the pan. Cook over high heat, turning once, until the bacon is nicely browned and the shrimp is cooked through.
- Transfer the bacon-wrapped shrimp to a platter and serve with your favorite cocktail sauce, chili sauce, or BBQ sauce, and some lemon wedges.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 339Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 75mgSodium 399mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 9g