This time of year when the leaves fall and I start to feel the chills in the air, it’s all about braising, stewing, and slow-cooking in my kitchen. There is just something cozy about Fall cooking: the mouthwatering aromas wafting in the kitchen and the comforting foods that set our stomach rumbling. I love Fall.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Italian Roasted Chicken
- Lemon-Garlic Braised Chicken and Potatoes
- Braised Chicken with Carrot and Mushroom
One of my favorite dishes to make is this inviting Italian braised chicken with just a few simple ingredients. It’s extremely easy to make and the result is absolutely hearty and delicious.
It’s best served with a simple pasta dish or even rice, and it’s a perfect family-friendly weeknight dinner that feeds the entire family.
When it comes to making Fall and Winter dishes, I rely on my Ceramcor Xtrema Ceramic Braiser. I came to know about Ceramor Xtrema Cookware a couple of years ago and it has become one of my favorite all-in-one cooking utensils for many of my recipes. I love it that it’s versatile. I use it as a skillet, braiser and baker.
For this Italian braised chicken recipe, first I browned the chicken thighs on the braiser, then I stewed it on low heat. The end result is tender, juicy, and moist chicken in one pot. The silicon pot holders are especially useful to keep my hands safe from the heat of the pot, so I don’t even need my oven mitt.
The Xtrema braiser is also oven safe, making it an amazing utensil for casserole recipes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ceramcor. The opinions and text are all mine.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 352 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) chicken thighs
- ground black pepper
- 14 oz. (400 g) half can of a 28 oz. (800 g) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion (1/2 onion)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 fresh Italian basil leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley for garnishing
- Rinse the chicken thighs with water and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and black pepper on both sides of the chicken. Puree the tomatoes in a food processor.
- Heat up the Xtreme braiser on high heat. When it's fully heated, arrange the chicken thighs, skin side down first. Brown both sides of the chicken. Remove the chicken from the braiser, save the juice that seeps out from the chicken.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the olive oil to the braiser. Saute the onion and garlic, for a couple of minutes or until the diced onion becomes soft. Add the tomato puree and basil, stir to combine well. Transfer the chicken and the juice into the braiser, cover the braiser with its lid and simmer on low heat, for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken becomes tender. Add salt and brown sugar, stir to combine well. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 352Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 111mgSodium 95mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 20g