Recently, I purchased a new cookbook “One Pot: From the Kitchen of Martha Stewart Living.” As the name suggested, the cookbook is all about one pot recipes using skillet, pan, slow cooker, stockpot, etc..
I was prompted to buy this cookbook to learn new recipes and to cut down the amount of time we spend standing in the kitchen, cleaning endless piles of pots and pans.
Even though we use the dishwasher to do the cleaning, still, there are a lot of rinsing and cleaning before the pots and pans get into the dishwasher, well, I am sure you know the drill.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I bookmarked a few recipes to try, and will share them with you one by one. The first dish s this lemon-garlic braised chicken and potatoes.
This recipe caught my eyes because they have all the ingredients that my 4-year old picky eater would eat. Nowadays, everything I cook have to pass the “will my picky eater eat it?” test.
The recipe is really quite simple, first, you pan-fried the chicken until golden brown on the surface, then you placed all the other ingredients of lemon, garlic, potatoes, etc., and finish the cooking in the oven.
There is only one pan involved and there is not a lot of cleaning to do as the oven does the job mostly.
We really enjoyed this easy and delicious lemon-garlic braised chicken and potato recipe. The chicken is moist and tender, the potatoes are well cooked, and the sauce is garlicky, lemony, savory, with a hint of Mediterranean flavor.
We serve the dish with some plain spaghetti and have a complete meal.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 580 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Lemon-Garlic Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
Lemon-Garlic Chicken and Potatoes – one pot braised chicken with lemon-garlic and potatoes. Serve the whole family but so easy and only one pot to clean!!
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz baby, new potatoes or fingerling potatoes
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 small lemon, cut into wedges
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 450F. Season chicken with salt. In a large, heavy, ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Flip chicken and add potatoes, garlic, lemon, cherry tomatoes and thyme. Add the chicken broth and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring it to a boil.
- 2Transfer skillet to oven. Roast, stirring potatoes halfway through, until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.