Recently, I have been testing out a few recipes that calls for thyme. Why? Because I bought one of those living herb boxes with thyme, and didn’t want the thyme to go to waste.
First, I made the garlic herb roasted potatoes, lemon garlic braised chicken and potatoes, and this chicken with sauteed mushroom is the third recipe, adapted from the One Pot cookbook. The thyme is finally used up, and I’ve got three amazing recipes.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Braised Chicken with Carrot and Mushroom
- Chinese Mushroom Chicken
- Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken (Instant Pot)
I like the idea of chicken and mushroom, these two ingredients never fail to satisfy, regardless of the cuisine of choice.
There is no exception in this homey chicken with sauteed mushroom dish. The recipe relies on a classic French preparation—the chicken thighs are first pan-fried and then finish by making a pan sauce with wine and broth.
Yes, it takes only one pan or one skillet to complete the dish and you don’t even need an oven. Easy peasy and there is only the pan and spatula to clean.
You can use chicken breasts to make the dish, or chicken cutlets. You can buy chicken cutlets from the supermarket all pre-cut but you can save money by buying boneless and skinless chicken breasts and create the cutlets by slicing them horizontally.
You can then use a mallet to pound on the sliced chicken breasts to be evenly thin.
Either way, this is an easy one-pan recipe that is super easy to put together. Enjoy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 462 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 lbs. (0.6 kg) skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 sprigs fresh thymes leaves
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) button mushroom, white or cremini, trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Working in batches, cook the chicken thighs on both sides until the skins become brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add thyme, mushrooms, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter, cook until softened. Add wine, broth, and return chicken to pan along with any accumumated juices. Season with salt, pepper, and cook, until the sauce reduced by half. Top with chopped parsley before serving.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 462Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 12gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 164mgSodium 173mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 27g