I love asparagus and one of my favorite asparagus recipes is sauteed asparagus. I picked up some asparagus on my visit to farmers market this past weekend and immediately made this easy and amazing lemon parmesan breadcrumbs asparagus.
I love lemon, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, and they are great with asparagus.
What I love about the recipe is the simplicity, yet it adds so much texture and flavors to the plain asparagus. Every bite is bursting with the citrusy lemon juice, with a tint of Parmesan cheese. The texture is crunchy because of the breadcrumbs.
It’s a wonderful vegetable dish to have this Spring/Summer, and all year long.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 105 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup Panko or breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Combine Panko (or breadcrumbs), Parmesan cheese, lemon rind, canola oil, pepper, and salt in a bowl.
- Arrange asparagus on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake asparagus for 8 minutes. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the asparagus. Bake for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat and drizzle with lemon juice and melted butter.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.