I love asparagus and one of my favorite asparagus recipes is sauteed asparagus. I picked up some asparagus on my visit to farmers market this past weekend and immediately made this easy and amazing lemon parmesan breadcrumbs asparagus.
I love lemon, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, and they are great with asparagus.
What I love about the recipe is the simplicity, yet it adds so much texture and flavors to the plain asparagus. Every bite is bursting with the citrusy lemon juice, with a tint of Parmesan cheese. The texture is crunchy because of the breadcrumbs.
It’s a wonderful vegetable dish to have this Spring/Summer, and all year long.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 105 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 pound (0.6kg) asparagus spears, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup Panko or breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Combine Panko (or breadcrumbs), Parmesan cheese, lemon rind, canola oil, pepper, and salt in a bowl.
- Arrange asparagus on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake asparagus for 8 minutes. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the asparagus. Bake for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat and drizzle with lemon juice and melted butter.
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 105Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 8mgSodium 309mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 6g