I love asparagus and one of my favorite asparagus recipes is sauteed asparagus. I picked up some asparagus on my visit to farmers market this past weekend and immediately made this easy and amazing lemon parmesan breadcrumbs asparagus.
I love lemon, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, and they are great with asparagus.
What I love about the recipe is the simplicity, yet it adds so much texture and flavors to the plain asparagus. Every bite is bursting with the citrusy lemon juice, with a tint of Parmesan cheese. The texture is crunchy because of the breadcrumbs.
It’s a wonderful vegetable dish to have this Spring/Summer, and all year long.
Pairs well with:
Asparagus with Lemon Parmesan Breadcrumbs Recipe
Asparagus with Lemon Parmesan Breadcrumbs - easy roasted asparagus with crunchy breadcrumbs with lemon and Parmesan cheese.
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup Panko or breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon melted unsalted butter
- 1Preheat oven to 400F. Combine Panko (or breadcrumbs), Parmesan cheese, lemon rind, canola oil, pepper, and salt in a bowl.
- 2Arrange asparagus on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake asparagus for 8 minutes. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the asparagus. Bake for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat and drizzle with lemon juice and melted butter.