I love roasted chicken, be it whole chicken, chicken thighs or drumsticks.
Roasted chicken is one of the easiest recipes to make for dinner.
It’s completely hassle free and you don’t have to cook up a storm, yet the end results are always delicious, like these crispy and flavorful Italian roasted chicken.
While I used chicken drumsticks for my recipe, you can opt for chicken thighs, leg quarters, half chicken, or chopped-up chicken pieces.
The recipe works well regardless of the part of the chicken you use.
The seasonings are plain simple with garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, black pepper and some fresh oregano.
After roasting the chicken in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, you will have crispy chicken skin, flavorful meat with nice aromas of the Italian herbs.
Every bite is bursting with amazing flavors.
You can serve the chicken with a side dish such as potatoes, with pasta, or on its own.
Either way, dinner will be amazing!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 275 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Italian Roasted Chicken Recipe
Italian Roasted Chicken - roasted chicken drumsticks marinated with Italian herbs and seasonings. Crispy, delicious and so easy to make.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 dashes paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head garlic, peeled and pounded
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 sprigs oregano, chopped
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- 2Rinse the chicken with cold water, pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Add the Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, black pepper, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and oregano to the chicken drumsticks. Stir to coat well. Set aside.
- 4Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30-40 minutes in the middle of the oven, or until the chicken turns golden brown, slightly charred and the inside is cooked through. Serve immediately.