I love roasted chicken, be it whole chicken, chicken thighs or drumsticks.
Roasted chicken is one of the easiest recipes to make for dinner.
It’s completely hassle free and you don’t have to cook up a storm, yet the end results are always delicious, like these crispy and flavorful Italian roasted chicken.
While I used chicken drumsticks for my recipe, you can opt for chicken thighs, leg quarters, half chicken, or chopped-up chicken pieces.
The recipe works well regardless of the part of the chicken you use.
The seasonings are plain simple with garlic, olive oil, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, black pepper and some fresh oregano.
After roasting the chicken in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, you will have crispy chicken skin, flavorful meat with nice aromas of the Italian herbs.
Every bite is bursting with amazing flavors.
You can serve the chicken with a side dish such as potatoes, with pasta, or on its own.
Either way, dinner will be amazing!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 275 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 lbs. (0.6 kg) chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 dashes paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head garlic, peeled and pounded
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 sprigs oregano, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse the chicken with cold water, pat dry with paper towels.
- Add the Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, black pepper, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and oregano to the chicken drumsticks. Stir to coat well. Set aside.
- Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30-40 minutes in the middle of the oven, or until the chicken turns golden brown, slightly charred and the inside is cooked through. Serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 275Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 140mgSodium 353mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 27g