Baked Pork Chops Recipe
The end result is easy and tender pork dinner for the entire family. What’s more, the active prep time is only 5 minutes. All you have to do is just shake, mix the ingredients together and the oven will do the all the work!
How to Bake Pork Chops?
I am sure many of you have had dry, tough and rubbery recipes with the pork tasting like a shoe. To get tender oven baked pork chops with juicy meat, you need to know how long to bake, at what temperature and the baking time.
Oven Baking Tips
- For bone-in pork chops about 1-inch thick, bake at 425°F for 12 minutes. The internal temperature of cooked pork should be 145°F (62°C).
- For boneless pork chops about 1-inch thick, bake at 425°F for 10 minutes.
- If you don’t have a thermometer, check doneness of the pork by cutting a slit in the middle.
- For 1-inch thick pork loin chops, there is NO NEED to turn them over while baking. You want to keep one side of the pork tender, moist and juicy.
How to Make Baked Pork Chops?
This is an easy recipe that calls for four ingredients. My homemade dry rub is delicious and flavorful as a seasoning and marinade.
- In a baking tray, add the pork chops with melted butter, dry rub and thyme together.
- Mix all the ingredients together and bake in the oven.
Why Are Pork Chops Tough?
There are two reasons:
- The oven temperature is too high.
- Roasting and baking for too long in the oven.
Bake for 12 minutes at 425°F is the golden rule.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Types of Pork Chops?
There are five types available in the market: porterhouse, ribeye, sirloin, center cut and blade chops. For home cooking, it’s best to get center cut chops (sometimes known as New York pork chops).
Do You Cover Pork Chops While Baking?
You don’t have to cover them if you are baking at 425°F for 12 minute. You want the heat to cook the surface while retaining the juice inside. The chops will remain tender and juicy if you follow the instructions in the recipe card.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 338 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this dish with side dishes. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
This Recipe Goes Well with:
Other Recipes You Might Like
Baked Pork Chops Recipe
Juicy and easy baked pork chop with only three ingredients: dry rub, butter and thyme. This is the best and tender pork chops you'll ever make, so good!
- 1 1/2 lb. bone-in center cut pork chops (3 pork chops)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons homemade dry rub
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a baking tray, add the butter, dry rub and thyme to the pork chops. Make sure both sides of the pork chops are nicely coated.
Bake the pork chops for 12 minutes, or until the meat is fully cooked (internal temperature of 145 degrees F). You can check doneness by cutting a slit in the middle of the pork to check. If you pork is thicker, bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately with your favorite hot sauce or as is.