How to Cook Pork Chops?
Today I am going to teach you how to cook pork chops in oven with a two-step process.
First, sear the pork in a skillet on stove top, until one side turn brown, but still raw inside. Finish cooking the pork chops in oven to seal in the juice.
The end results are perfect pork chops that taste so delicious, with tender and juicy meat. They are so good and you will want this dish on your dinner rotation!
Pork Chops in Oven Ingredients
- Boneless pork chops or pork tenderloin
- Unsalted butter
- Maldon sea salt flakes (preferred), kosher salt or sea salt
Other Recipes You Might Like
Cook’s Tips for Perfectly Cooked Pork Chops
- Buy boneless pork chops, about 1.5 inch thick. This is very important because a thicker cut will make sure that the pork chops are not dry and rubbery after baking in oven.
- Use a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet, for example: Lodge cast iron skillet. The patina of the skillet, plus the combination of butter, garlic, rosemary and sea salt makes these pork chops so tasty and mouthwatering.
- When serving, slice the pork into bite-size pieces and sop up the buttery sauce on the skillet. The sauce is liquid gold; it’s so delicious and adds so much flavors to the pork chops.
- Avoid table salt and use sea salt. Sea salt really elevates the overall taste of oven baked pork chops.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Bone-In Pork Chops
You sure can. Bone-in pork chops takes longer time to bake, so please add 2 minutes to the baking time or check the internal temperature of the pork.
Cooked pork has an internal temperature of 145°F.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 244 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve pork chops with side dishes. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
How to Cook Pork Chops
Learn how to cook pork chops with this easy boneless pork chops in oven recipe that is juicy, tender, packed full of flavors and takes less than 15 minutes.
- 12 oz boneless pork chops (2 pork chops 1.5 inch thick)
- Maldon sea salt or Kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly pounded
- 4 sprigs rosemary
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Set aside.
Heat up a cast-iron skillet on high heat. Add the butter and as soon as it melts, add the pork chops. Sear for 1 minutes on the bottom side only. Turn off the heat and add the garlic and rosemary on the side of the skillet. Transfer the skillet to the oven.
Bake the pork chops for 10-12 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 145°F using a meat thermometer. You may also cut a slit in the middle to check doneness. Remove from oven and serve immediately.