If there are two things I love about Brazilian food, they are Brazilian steak and Brazilian cheese bread (Pao de Queijo).
There is something about Brazilian Steak; it’s meaty, tender, juicy, oozing with right amount of food, and perfectly grilled and charred. It’s so delicious!
Other Recipes You Might Like
How to Make Brazilian Steak?
This golden Garlic Butter Brazilian Steak recipe is super easy, but yields Fogo de Chao restaurant-quality taste and texture. It calls for five simple ingredients: garlic, butter, parsley, salt and black pepper which you already have at home.
The sweetest thing about this simple recipe is that it takes only 15 minutes. How nice is that?
The flavors are so much more complex than the ingredients used. At first bite, I fell in love with it; it was as if I had the steak at famous Brazilian restaurants.
What Cut of Meat for Brazilian Steak?
You can make this recipe from various cuts of meat: skirt steak, flank steak or flap meat. Those are the tender parts of the beef.
Just follow my easy recipe and step-by-step methods below and you’ll have the most amazing steak that you can make at home. Bon appetit!
For the sides, go for something classic:
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Skillet Dinner Rolls
- Brown Butter Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots
- More Side Dish Recipes
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 429 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Garlic Butter Brazilian Steak
- 6 medium cloves garlic
- kosher salt
- 1.5 lb. skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 oz. unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Peel the garlic cloves and smash them with the side of a chef’s knife. Sprinkle the garlic lightly with salt and mince it.
- Pat the steak dry and season generously on both sides with salt and pepper. In a heavy-duty 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering hot. Add the steak and brown well on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer the steak to a plate and let rest while you make the garlic butter.
- In an 8-inch skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, swirling the pan frequently, until lightly golden, about 4 minutes. Lightly salt to taste.
- Slice the steak, if you like, and transfer to 4 plates. Spoon the garlic butter over the steak, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
I don’t know where you live,but here in SWFL, OUTSIDE SKIRT STEAK is as much as beef tenderloin!!!!! What else can I use????
You can use any tender part of the beef, for example: beef flap meat. Ask your butcher.
I just use flap meat and it turns out amazing!