The Best Strawberry Cake
This delicious strawberry cake is perfect for the summer months, making a great dessert for parties or for dinners alike.
Imagine moist and buttery cake loaded with fresh strawberries; every bite is so sweet and decadent. For serving, you can serve as is, or dust a bit of powdered sugar on top.
Ingredients for Strawberry Cake Recipe
With strawberry cake in season all year long, it’s perfect for any occasion.
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are Benefits of Eating Strawberries?
Strawberries are an excellent source of fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin C.
How Many Calories?
This recipe has 415 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
This dish is best served as a dessert. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Butter a 10-inch cake pan. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Hull and cut the strawberries into halves.
- Put butter and 1 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low; mix in the egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in the flour mixture. Transfer the batter to a buttered pie plate. Arrange strawberries on top of the batter, cut sides down and as close together as possible. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar over the strawberries.
- Bake cake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F (150°C). Bake until the cake is golden brown and the center is cooked through, about 1 hour. Let cool, cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.