I love butter cake. It’s a cake that I always bake at home. I also have the best recipe ever that yields moist, buttery and sweet cake.
With fresh berries abound in the market lately, I got some blueberries and made this blueberry butter cake.
What’s so great about this recipe is the freshness of the blueberry; every bite is bursting with the soft texture and fruity flavor of the blueberries.
The beautiful color also makes the cake so much prettier and you just want to take a bite.
For the pan, you can use a cake pan (like I did), loaf pan or mini loaf pan. During the baking process, the surface of the cake might get too brown (depends on your oven) but the inside is uncooked.
I always cover the top with aluminum foil towards the end of the baking process.
This will make sure that the inside is baked through and the top is the nice golden brown color, just like my pictures. This recipe is a keeper, ones that I always refer to whenever I craze rich and decadent butter cake.
Serve Blueberry Butter Cake with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 385 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 sticks (225 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 7 oz. (200 g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 oz. (200 g) sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 6 oz. (170 g) fresh blueberries
- powdered sugar for dusting, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. (190°C)
- Lightly grease the pan (loaf pan, mini loaf pan, 8x8, or 9x9) with some butter. Mix the flour and the baking powder together and sieve. Add in the salt and mix well. Set aside.
- Use an electronic hand mixer to beat the butter and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color. Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy. Scrape down the sides for even mixing. Add in vanilla essence and mix well. Fold in the flour into the batter and mix well. Finally, add in the milk.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan. Shake it lightly or use a spatula to even out the top of the batter. Add the blueberries on top of the batter, in an even single layer.
- Bake until golden brown and cooked, about 40-50 minutes. Use a cake tester to test if it's cooked in the middle. If top gets too brown but inside is not cooked, cover the top with aluminum foil.
- Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for 10 minutes. Dust with some powdered sugar (optional) and cut the cake into pieces.
Depending on the oven, it may take more than 40 to 50 minutes to bake the cake. To prevent the top of the cake from browning too fast, cover the top of the baking pan with a sheet of aluminum foil.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 385Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 21gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 191mgSodium 246mgCarbohydrates 64gFiber 2gSugar 37gProtein 8g