Healthy Blueberry Cake
If you love blueberry, you have to try this buttery, healthy, and the best blueberry cake!
It’s packed full of blueberries, buttery, moist and soft. This cake is especially great as a coffee cake and taste amazing with a cup of coffee or tea.
This recipe is so easy and fail-proof, even novice baker can bake this cake in a jiffy with a whisk (no stand mixer needed!)
Other Cake Recipes You Might Like
Blueberry Cake Recipe
This simple recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
This cake is great as a coffee cake, so I used four (4) mini loaf pans to make this recipe. These tiny and dainty cakes are delightful for afternoon tea with friends and family.
With spring in full swing, buy some blueberries and try my recipe!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Frozen Blueberries for This Recipe?
Yes, you can.
However, frozen blueberries are usually watery after defrost, so make sure you pat dry the frozen blueberries with paper towels before adding them to the cake batter.
How to Prevent Blueberries from Sinking to the Bottom?
To help keep your blueberries from sinking to the bottom, toss the berries in flour before adding them to the batter.
The coating helps suspend them better during baking so they don’t sink to the bottom.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 370 calories per mini loaf.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve the cake with coffee or tea. For an afternoon tea, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven 350°F (176°C). Grease the four (4) mini loaf pans with butter (I used 3" x 1.75" mini loaf pans). You may also use one (1) regular loaf pan.
- Place butter, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk for 2 minutes.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt together. Stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the batter into the pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. If you use a regular loaf pan, you may need to bake for 40 minutes or more. If the top of the cake gets too dark, cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil to avoid over browning at 30 minutes mark.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
Blueberry cake is the best!
Can I use cake flour instead of all purpose flour?
Can I use wheat flour?
Please don’t change anything on the recipe.
I have try this it was excellent. Thank you for the recipe.
Thanks Barbara!!! Please try more baking recipes on my site: https://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-index-gallery/
I made these last week! They were so good! I am making them again today! Wish I could post the photo of my cakes!
Hi Emily, you can email to me or tag me on Instagram.
Do these need to be stored in the refrigerator?
I can’t pin this?
The pin function is working fine.
What is the size of your mini loaf pans?
Super mini ones – 3″ x 1.75″ at the bottom.
I think this might be he best blueberry muffins I have ever made. Definitely a keeper.
Makes 9 muffins. I added 1/4C sour dough starter just to try it. Great.
Aww, that’s awesome, so glad to hear that. Please try more recipes on my site: https://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-index-gallery/
May I know any difference if I use plain flour instead of all purpose flour?