Healthy Blueberry Cake
If you love blueberry, you have to try this buttery, healthy, and the best blueberry cake!
It’s packed full of blueberries, buttery, moist and soft. This cake is especially great as a coffee cake and taste amazing with a cup of coffee or tea.
This recipe is so easy and fail-proof, even novice baker can bake this cake in a jiffy with a whisk (no stand mixer needed!)
Blueberry Cake Recipe
This simple recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
This cake is great as a coffee cake, so I used four (4) mini loaf pans to make this recipe. These tiny and dainty cakes are delightful for afternoon tea with friends and family.
With spring in full swing, buy some blueberries and try my recipe!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Frozen Blueberries for this Recipe?
Yes, you can.
However, frozen blueberries are usually watery after defrost, so make sure you pat dry the frozen blueberries with paper towels before adding them to the cake batter.
How to Prevent Blueberries from Sinking to the Bottom?
To help keep your blueberries from sinking to the bottom, toss the berries in flour before adding them to the batter.
The coating helps suspend them better during baking so they don’t sink to the bottom.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 370 calories per mini loaf.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
Serve the cake with coffee or tea. For an afternoon tea, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 oz / 55 g)
- 1/2 cup sugar (4 oz / 100 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (5 oz / 150 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (5 oz / 150 g)
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. Grease the four (4) mini loaf pans with butter (I used 3" x 1.75" mini loaf pans). You may also use one (1) regular loaf pan.
- Place butter, sugar, egg, milk and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk for 2 minutes.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt together. Stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the batter into the pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. If you use a regular loaf pan, you may need to bake for 40 minutes or more. If the top of the cake gets too dark, cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil to avoid over browning at 30 minutes mark.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Adapted from: Tutti Dolci.
You can bake this cake in one (1) regular loaf pan. It might take 40-50 minutes to cook through. Please use a cake tester to check doneness.
Amount Per Serving Calories 370Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 78mgSodium 283mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 2gSugar 30gProtein 6g