Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe
This easy recipe yields moist and the best blueberry pound cake loaf with crusty top, sweet and buttery cake, with lots of farm fresh blueberries.
This cake is perfect anytime of the day: breakfast in the morning, tea break with your favorite cup of coffee or tea, or anytime of the day when you need a sweet bite.
This recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking Powder
- Fresh blueberries
How to Make Blueberry Pound Cake?
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, and then add eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated and add vanilla.
Sift the dry ingredients of flour, salt and baking powder together. Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture.
Add fresh blueberries to some flour. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Grease the pan with some butter and pour batter into it.
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into center comes out dry.
If you are a newbie in baking, please follow the baking tips below.
- Invest in baking essentials; a scale is a must when it comes to baking. Cup conversion is not precise.
- Follow the recipe, do not combine the steps or skip the steps.
- Always grease the pan you are using with butter.
- If the top of the cake becomes dark too fast, cover the top with a sheet of aluminum foil to avoid over browning. Just make sure the top of the egg is set before you cover it or the wet batter would stick to the aluminum foil.
- Once the cake is done, remove it immediately and cool on room temperature on a wire rack. Leaving the cake in the oven after baking will continue to bake the cake due to the remaining heat. As a result, the cake might be burned or become too dry and crusty.
- DO NOT remove the cake from the pan when it’s still hot. Once the cake cools down a bit, remove it from the cake pan and slice into pieces.
- You can store the cake at room temperature up to 2-3 days. Reheat the cake in a microwave for 10 seconds before serving, if you like your cake warm.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 223 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
Serve blueberry pound cake with your favorite cup of coffee, tea or beverage. For an afternoon tea party, the following recipes go well with it.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups fine sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Sift 2 cups of flour, salt and baking powder together. Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat.
- Dredge berries in remaining flour. Gently fold floured berries into the batter.
- Grease and dust a bundt pan, or tube pan, or a regular loaf pan with some butter. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let cool on a wire rack. Remove the cake carefully from the pan and cut into slices.
You may use frozen blueberries but it's best to use fresh blueberries.
Serving Size12 slices
Amount Per Serving Calories 410Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 103mgSodium 156mgCarbohydrates 59gFiber 1gSugar 35gProtein 6g