Chocolate cake is a very rich cake – nobody can resist a super moist and decadent cake like it.
To get a good chocolate cake, you must use very good quality chocolate.
I used Valrhona Equatoriale 55% and the cake turned out heavenly.
The taste is just so perfect: you get the texture of a moist cake that’s not too sweet.
Give this cake recipe a try over the weekend and you will definitely get lots of gleeful smiles from your loved ones.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Dark chocolate
- Cake flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Whipping cream
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does red velvet cake taste different than chocolate cake?
Red velvet is actually made with vinegar and buttermilk, which makes it have a different taste than chocolate cake.
What makes a cake moist?
To make a cake extra moist, add vegetable oil to the batter. Also, always be sure to use real butter.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
For a cute tea party, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 472 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 250 g butter
- 180 g castor sugar (fine sugar)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 220 g cake flour
- 250 ml fresh milk
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 50 g butter
- Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour in the melted chocolate, chocolate powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- Fold in the cake flour in 3 batches, alternate with the fresh milk.
- Pour the batter into a rectangle cake pan or round cake pan.
- Bake at a preheated oven at 160 Degree Celsius for about 50 minutes. Test with a cake tester, make sure it comes out clean.
- Remove the Chocolate Cake and let cool.
Making the Ganache:
- Add the dark chocolate, whipping cream and butter in a heat-proof bowl over simmering water (double boiler method). Stir until the chocolate melts and becomes smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Spread the Ganache evenly onto the top of the cake with a spatula.
- Serve the Chocolate Cake immediately.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 472Total Fat 244gSaturated Fat 145gCholesterol 766mgSodium 1648mgCarbohydrates 274gFiber 27gSugar 145gProtein 54g