Chocolate cake is a very rich cake – nobody can resist a super moist and decadent cake like it.
To get a good chocolate cake, you must use very good quality chocolate.
I used Valrhona Equatoriale 55% and the cake turned out heavenly.
The taste is just so perfect: you get the texture of a moist cake that’s not too sweet.
Give this cake recipe a try over the weekend and you will definitely get lots of gleeful smiles from your loved ones.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Dark chocolate
- Cake flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Whipping cream
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does red velvet cake taste different than chocolate cake?
Red velvet is actually made with vinegar and buttermilk, which makes it have a different taste than chocolate cake.
What makes a cake moist?
To make a cake extra moist, add vegetable oil to the batter. Also, always be sure to use real butter.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
For a cute tea party, I recommend the following recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 472 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 250 g Butter
- 180 g Castor Sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 220 g Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoons Chocolate Powder
- 250 ml Fresh Milk
- 200 g Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream
- 50 g Butter
- Melt the cooking chocolate in a double boiler. Set aside to cool.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Pour in melted chocolate.
- Fold in flour in 3 batches and alternate with milk.
- Bake at a preheated oven at 160 degree Celsius for about 50 minutes. Test with a skewer, the skewer must come out clean.
- Remove and let it cool before putting the topping.
Making the ganache:
- Put chocolate, whipping cream and butter in a heatproof bowl over simmering water and stir until melted and smooth.
- Let it cool slightly and spread on to the cake evenly.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 472Total Fat 244gSaturated Fat 145gCholesterol 766mgSodium 1648mgCarbohydrates 274gFiber 27gSugar 145gProtein 54g