Moist Banana Bread
The best banana bread recipe should be moist.
Today, I am going to share a moist banana bread recipe with you. This recipe with rum is the holy grail of all banana bread recipes!
It’s healthy, super moist, with the subtle taste of rum in every bite!
This homemade recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Overripe bananas
- All-purpose flour
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda and baking powder
- Sour cream or plain yogurt
How to Make Banana Bread Moist?
There are a few ingredients that you can add to make super and ultimate moist banana bread.
Here are my secrets baking tips:
- Use overripe bananas. Overripe bananas look like rotten bananas because there are black and brown spots on the skin. After you peel the skin, the bananas taste the sweetest with higher moisture content.
- Use sour cream or plain yogurt. These two ingredients make the recipe moist.
- Add rum to the batter.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Keep Banana Bread Moist?
You can store the banana bread in a plastic bag and keep in a refrigerator for up to 5 days.
The bread will be moist when you are ready to eat.
Can I Make this Recipe in a Muffin Tin?
Yes, you can.
Just transfer the batter into the cups of a muffin tin. They will become banana bread muffins.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 307 calories per serving.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this as a breakfast. For a healthy breakfast, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 overripe American bananas, mashed (400 g)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Mash the bananas using the back of the spoon or a masher, until mushy.
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl and, using your hands or a wooden spoon, combine well.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, sour cream (or plain yogurt) and sugar by hand, with a wooden spoon. Beat until blended, then add the eggs one at a time. Mix well.
- Stir in the mashed bananas, walnuts, dark rum and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture, a third at a time, stirring well with the wooden spoon after each batch. Transfer the batter into a 9x5-inch loaf tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 60 - 75 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick, fine skewer or a cake tester in the center of the banana bread. It should come out clean. Leave in the tin on a rack to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Slice to ten (10) pieces, serve warm.
Amount Per Serving Calories 307Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 64mgSodium 371mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 2gSugar 19gProtein 6g