I am sure everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and you’re looking forward to Christmas and the new year.
When it comes to holidays season, I am all about baking cakes and cookies.
It’s that time of year I really indulge in sweet stuff.
This lemon pound cake is one of my favorite cakes.
It’s basically buttery, sweet pound cake with lemon juice, and a sugary glaze.
It just doesn’t get any better than this.
Iced lemon pound cake is also my favorite cake to go with my Starbucks coffee.
So baking this at home is a great idea as I can have the entire loaf or more!
I love baking my cake with mini loaf pans.
They look adorable and I won’t feel guilty eating the entire loaf.
The size is also great as a cute holiday gift to your neighbors and friends.
Try this lemon pound cake recipe this holiday season!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 275 calories per serving.
Lemon Cake Recipe
Lemon Pound Cake - buttery, sweet and lemony pound cake with sugary glaze. This lemon pound cake recipe is so good you'll want it every day.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9" x 5" loaf pan or 3 tins of a mini loaf pan; set aside.
- 2Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- 3In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice with an electric mixer until just blended. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil and lemon zest and mix well.
- 4Pour the batter into the loaf pan or mini loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick entered in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- 5To make the glaze, whisk all ingredients together. Pour over cooled loaf.