Wagyu Beef Recipe
Amazing pan-seared Wagyu beef served with compound garlic herb butter on top. Every slice of the steak is juicy, tender, and loaded with a ton of flavor.
This easy steak recipe will help you make a restaurant-quality Wagyu steak with the simplest cooking techniques.
Cook Wagyu beef to medium-rare so it’s extremely juicy, tender, and bursting with amazing flavors. Serve it alongside green salads or creamy mashed potatoes and it will be your next favorite steak recipe.
Why This Recipe Works
This quick and easy Wagyu beef recipe helps you get a delicious meal to the table in just 10 minutes. The best recipe for any occasion and any time.
This recipe also helps you to cook the high-end steakhouse Wagyu steak at home with only a few everyday ingredients. It is absolutely a luxury experience in gastronomy and the total cost of this dish is a fraction of the price in restaurants.
What is Wagyu beef?
Wagyu literally means Japanese beef. The word “Wa” means Japanese and “Gyu” means beef. It has been hailed as one of the finest meats in the world because of the ultimate marbling, tender texture, and intense flavor.
Japanese Wagyu and American Wagyu are two popular types of Wagyu beef in the market nowadays. Japanese Wagyu is well known for its buttery melt-in-your-mouth texture thanks to the incredible marbling. It is purebred and only imported from Japan in certain locations and this is also why it becomes the most expensive meat in the world. American Wagyu is also delicious and flavorful with less fat in the meat but more affordable.
Besides, Wagyu beef contains high levels of omega-3 and omega-6 which benefit our body in many ways. For example, it helps to improve heart health and diabetes; reduces the risk of cancer; regulates brain functions; stimulates skin and hair growth, etc.
Garlic Butter Wagyu Beef Ingredients
This recipe is easy and only calls for seven ingredients.
The best cuts for pan-sear Wagyu will be ribeye, New York strip, or filet mignon. Add salt and ground black pepper for seasoning, and use vegetable oil (or olive oil) to sear.
The garlic butter is simply mixed with salted butter, minced garlic, and chopped parsley. If using unsalted butter, please add 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the butter when combining it with other ingredients.
How to Cook Garlic Butter Wagyu Beef?
This quick and easy recipe cooks wagyu beef with only four steps in less than 10 minutes and the result is impressive.
First, season Wagyu beef with salt and ground black pepper.
Second, prepare garlic butter by mixing salted butter, garlic, and parsley in a bowl.
Next, heat a cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillet until smoking hot, then add oil. Sear the steak in the skillet for 2 minutes on each side. Before flipping to the other side, sear the fatty edge of the steak until brown and aromatic.
Finally, serve with a dollop of garlic butter on top.
For the best result, please follow my tips:
- Seasoning Wagyu beef with salt and ground black pepper only for the best taste.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet until smoking before pan-searing to create the perfect color and seal all the flavors in the steak.
- Timing is everything. Cooking Wagyu usually takes less time compared to other kinds of steaks. Depending on the thickness of the steak, you will need to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or less on each side for medium-rare to have a rich and juicy steak.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best pan to cook Wagyu?
I highly recommend using a cast-iron pan or a stainless steel pan to cook Wagyu. It allows you to cook the steak at an even temperature and quickly sear to perfection.
Where to buy Wagyu beef?
While you can find Wagyu beef in the local Asian markets, butcher shops, and Costco, ordering them online will be easier and more convenient. Get fresh, high-quality meat delivered directly to your door from the following online sources The Wagyu Shop, Snake River Farms.; Crowd Cow.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 372 calories per serving.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1/2 lb American Wagyu Chuck Eye Roll Steak (about 1 inch thick)
- Ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Pat steak dry with paper towels. Season the steak with salt and ground black pepper on both sides. Set aside.
- Prepare the Garlic Butter by combining salted butter, minced garlic, and chopped parsley in a bowl. Combine well and refrigerate before using.
- Heat cast-iron skillet on high heat until smoking hot, then add oil. Transfer seasoned steak to skillet and pan-sear one side (do not turn) for 2 minutes. Before flipping to the other side, sear the fatty edge of the steak until brown and aromatic.
- Then, turn over the steak and pan-sear the other side for 2 minutes. (Cook 1 to 2 minutes more on each side depending on the thickness of the steak.) Transfer the steak to a serving plate.
- Add a dollop of garlic butter on top of the steak and spread it out. Serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.