It’s Spring and farmers market has abundant supplies of fresh herbs and produce.
Pesto pasta screams springtime, so I got a bunch of fresh Italian basil and tried this Pesto Pasta with Chicken recipe.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This is the first time I made “green” pasta at home, and we were all pleasantly surprised by how good and refreshing it tasted, compared to regular pasta.
Little G was intrigued by the color. He gave his approval, which is awesome.
For the topping, I chose grilled chicken breast.
If you want to jazz up the dish, you can use shrimp.
Just cook it the same way as the chicken.
If you want to throw in some greens, add some steamed asparagus or broccoli.
This recipe is very versatile.
Try this pesto pasta recipe, I am sure your family would love it.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 620 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 12 oz. (340 g) spaghetti
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- 8 oz. (226 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Ground black pepper
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and set aside some pasta water.
- Pulse the basil, pine nuts, garlic in a food processor. Add in the yogurt, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. If the pesto is too thick, add some pasta water to dilute it. Adjust the lemon juice and salt to your liking.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Heat up a cast-iron grill pan or skillet and add the olive oil. Cook the chicken until nicely browned and the inside is cooked through. Slice the chicken into strips.
- Toss the spaghetti with the pesto, stir to mix well. Top the pasta with the chicken and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 637Total Fat 23.7gSaturated Fat 4.9gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 157mgSodium 190mgCarbohydrates 64.9gFiber 0.7gSugar 1gProtein 41.2g