It’s been raining cats and dogs here in Southern California.
The cold wind and rain had me craving for spicy food that would bring warmth and heat to my body.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I have always loved blackened spices on my protein, for example: fish or chicken, so I decided to make this blackened chicken pasta.
I am sure many of you are tired of the same old creamy pasta, or garlic and olive oil-based pasta and wish to jazz up your recipes.
This blackened chicken pasta recipe is a surefire way to spice up boring pasta dinners.
Get a bottle of blackened spices and season your chicken breast with loads of the spices.
Pan-fry and cook the blackened chicken and serve with the pasta.
There you have it, a pasta dinner that is absolutely delicious, spicy, and oh-so-good!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 659 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons blackened spices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced green and red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Marinate the chicken with the blackened spices seasoning
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat, add the olive oil. Pan-fry the chicken breast, on both sides, until it's cooked. Transfer out and slice into strips.
- Clean the skillet and add the remaining olive oil. Saute the garlic until slightly browned before adding the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the pasta and diced bell peppers into the skillet, stir to combine well with the sauce. Top the pasta with the blackened chicken, add the Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, lemon wedges and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.