I Love Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pão de Queijo)
When I was working in LA, every week my colleagues and I would go to The Farmers Market at the Grove for the Brazilian BBQ.
Pampas Grill—the stall selling the BBQ—is probably one of the most popular eateries at the Farmers Market.
There is always a long line of patrons lining up for the hot-off-the-grill, juicy, and scrumptious Brazilian BBQ, and the amazing Brazilian cheese bread, or “Pão de Queijo” – including the Hollywood kind.
One time, Hollywood star David Arquette and his entourage were lining behind me.
While the meats served at Pampas Grill are amazingly good, myself and others went there mostly for this Pão de Queijo, or Brazilian cheese bread.
If you haven’t had Brazilian cheese bread, you are missing out.
Other Recipes You Might Like
What are Brazilian Cheese Rolls (Pão de Queijo)?
Pão de Queijo are mini cheesy puffs in ball-like shape that are soft but chewy, puffy and addictive. The recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Tapioca flour or tapioca starch
Brazilian Cheese Rolls (Pão de Queijo) at Home!
Elise of Simply Recipes posted her Pão de Queijo recipe, I was so excited to finally make my own Brazilian Cheese Bread but I was pregnant then and followed a very strict diet that precluded me from eating cheese.
Anyway, time flies and now that Baby G is here, I am sort of on a cheese binge these days.
I finally made the Brazilian Cheese Bread.
I finished all of them in practically 15 minutes and immediately made a second batch.
I just love these soft, fluffy, chewy, and cheesy Brazilian cheese rolls.
They are absolutely delightful and takes less than 30 minutes from prep to out of oven.
This Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pão de Queijo) recipe is a keeper and I am sure this is going to be one of my favorite baking recipes.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 80 calories per bread.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
Pão de Queijo is best served with a main dish such as steak. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Pairs well with:
Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pão de Queijo) Recipe
Yummy Brazilian cheese bread (Pão de Queijo) recipe. Easy 20 mins recipe, they're SO GOOD and you can't stop eating them.
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour or tapioca starch (170 grams)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese (100 grams)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a mini muffin tin generously. Put all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender so that everything gets blended well, it will yield about 2 cups batter.
- 2Transfer the batter into the mini muffin tins. Fill up about 3/4 full. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until all puffy and just lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for a few minutes. Eat while warm or save to reheat later.
You can buy tapioca flour or tapioca starch at Asian food stores such as 99 Ranch Market. It's also available at Whole Foods, or online, according to Simply Recipes.