I love Brazilian steak house, or churrascaria, where they serve endless supplies of meats.
While the meats are juicy, tender and amazing, I mostly go for the Brazilian cheese puffs!!
Called Pão de Queijo, these cheese puffs are so addictive, delicious, and once you start eating, you just can’t stop.
While I would love to dine out often, but Brazilian restaurants are expensive!
So I learned to make them at home.
I have another great Pão de Queijo recipe that I learned from Simply Recipes but I am constantly trying to make it exactly the same as the restaurant, so this is it.
This recipe is from Kitchn.
I love the cute shape.
The recipe is super easy, fail proof and absolutely mouthwatering.
Make a bunch of these, you will finish them all in no time!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 88 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 oz. tapioca flour (2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the milk, oil, and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat as soon as you see big bubbles coming through the milk.
- Add the tapioca flour and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Transfer the dough to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat the dough for a few minutes at medium speed until it smooths out and has cooled down. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs into the dough one at a time, waiting until the first egg is fully incorporated before adding the second. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the cheese until it forms a very sticky dough. Scoop the dough with a small ice cream scoop, spacing them 2-inches apart (12 per baking sheet). Dip your scoop in water between scoops to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 15 minutes then rotate the baking sheets from front to back. Bake for another 10 or 15 minutes until until the puffs have puffed and the bottoms turn golden-brown on the bottoms.
Serving Size24 puffs
Amount Per Serving Calories 88Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 20mgSodium 202mgCarbohydrates 11gSugar 1gProtein 3g