I had gone completely bananas with this delicious homemade banana bread. I love the smell of baking, especially the smell of ripe bananas, the aromas and fragrance of banana bread wafting in my kitchen.
This banana bread recipe is tried-and-test, moist, buttery and loaded with lots of smashed ripe bananas.
Topped with sliced walnut, every bite is heavenly, especially with a cup of your favorite coffee or bread. For sure, it tastes a zillion times better than store-bought version!
The next time you have some over-ripe bananas on your kitchen countertop, try this amazing recipe. Enjoy!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 462 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 ripe large bananas, approximately 1 pound, mashed well, about 1-1/2 cups
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Butter and flour the bottom and sides of a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Set aside. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. With a rubber spatula, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick and chunky. (The important thing is not to over mix the batter. You do not want it smooth. Over mixing the batter will yield tough, rubbery bread.)
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and place some walnuts on top of the batter for garnish. Bake until bread is golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool and then remove the bread from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 1 - 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf of banana bread (banana cake).
Serving Size4 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 462Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 15gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 143mgSodium 251mgCarbohydrates 100gFiber 4gSugar 49gProtein 10g