Beer Bread Recipe
Beer bread is one of the easiest bread recipes to make at home. It takes only 4 ingredients to make tastefully simple beer bread and you don’t even need a stand mixer for this recipe.
It’s so easy, fail-proof and fool-proof.
The bread is great for everyday dinner, and especially delightful for party or summer entertaining.
Ingredients for Beer Bread
- Self-raising flour
- Your favorite beer
How to Make Beer Bread
Mix the flour, sugar, melted butter and the beer together, stirring with hands until smooth.
Transfer the batter into a baking pan and bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 249 calories per slice of bread.
Other Bread Recipes You Might Like
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups beer
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Lightly grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan. Mix the flour, sugar, 4 tablespoons of the melted butter and the beer, stirring until smooth. There will be some small lumps.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter. Bake the bread for 45 to 50 minutes, until a cake tester inserted comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Remove the bread from the oven. After 5 minutes turn it out onto a rack to cool. Wait until the bread cools completely before slicing. Serve with your favorite preserves or jam.
Click for Conversion Tool.
Serving Size9 slices
Amount Per Serving Calories 249Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 17mgSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 5g