I hope everyone has had a wonderful and fabulous July 4th celebration and that you had a ton of food and fun.
I always run into a food (and drink) binge problem every holiday, be it July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving or Christmas.
It’s hard to control myself and my appetite when food is a huge part of every holiday celebration.
That’s why after every major holiday (and a few pounds heavier), I am always looking forward to detoxing or cleansing my body, to get rid the excess weight I put on.
That’s when I turn to this amazing ginger lemongrass iced tea that is so healthy and amazing that promises detox of your entire body.
I learn this recipe from a hotel in Thailand many years ago.
The hotel that I visited was one that promises well being, wholesome living and natural healing.
I remember vividly the welcome drink of this ginger lemongrass detox iced tea.
It was love at first sip. I had to ask for the recipe and luckily they shared with me their secret ingredients: ginger and lemongrass.
The syrup is infused with the earthy aroma of the lemongrass and the heat from the ginger.
This is a perfect summer drink that you will instantly fall in love with, and the exotic taste is both pleasing and delightful.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 83 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 3 black tea bags
- 1 liter hot water
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3-5 calamansi limes, (optional)
- 2 cups ice
- 2 lemongrass, (white parts only, pounded and sliced)
- 2- inch piece ginger, peeled and pounded
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a jar, add the tea bags to the hot boiling water. Let cool.
- In a small pot, make the Syrup by adding lemongrass and ginger to the water. Heat on medium heat until the water reduces to about 1/2 cup. Add the sugar, stir to mix well. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Add the Syrup to the iced tea, follow by the lemon slices, calamansi limes and ice. Stir to combine well and serve cold.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 83Unsaturated Fat 0gSodium 13mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 1gSugar 17g