I am sure many of you have missed my baking contributor CP Choong, who famously created massive social media frenzy with her amazing Nutella Cheesecake (shared over 350,000 times on Facebook and going!) and Brownie Butter Cake (pinned almost 200,000 times).
She took a break from baking for a few months and now she is back.
She is an amazing baker who can whip up all kinds of cheesecake and with the festive season of Thanksgiving and the holidays coming up, I asked her to share a few cheesecake recipes with us.
This Parmesan chiffon cake has a very light, feathery sponge cake texture with just a subtle cheesy flavor and aroma from Parmesan cheese.
The taste of the Parmesan cheese is just right, not overly cheesy.
To jazz up the presentation of the cake, CP coated butter cream all over the top of the Parmesan cheesecake and then sprinkled with shredded Cheddar cheese.
The savory cheese topping makes the whole cake more dimensional in taste, combining savory and sweet together.
Look at the pictures, isn’t it beautiful?
You can also be creative and play around with toppings: fruit compote, jam or preserves, etc.
If you don’t have the chiffon cake tube pan, you can use normal round pan (not too big, recommended 7″ or 8″) to maintain the height.
If you haven’t tried Asian-style Chiffon cake, you should totally try this Parmesan chiffon cake recipe as it’s one of the most delightful cakes ever.
The texture is similar to Angel cake but it’s not dry, but very moist.
It’s truly amazing.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 270 calories per serving.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese powder, I use grated cheese
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (separated (2 tablespoons into the egg yolk mixture, the remaining sugar for egg white))
(Optional) for decoration:
- Whipped cream or buttercream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Hand whisk egg yolks and sugar till pale. Add in corn oil and milk, mix well. Add in flour and cheese, combine well, set aside.
- Beat egg whites over high speed till foamy. Slowly add in sugar, continue beat, add in corn flour, beat till soft peak form. Take 1/3 portion of egg white mixture and use hand whisk to mix with egg yolk mixture till combine. Fold the balance of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture, combine well.
- Pour cake mixture into baking pan and bake at pre-heated oven at 160°C (320°F) for 40 minutes.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.