Little G loves carrots.
He wouldn’t eat other vegetables.
In fact, the only two things he eats now are carrots and broccoli.
So I make carrots for him every few days.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This Maple Dijon Roasted Carrots is absolutely delicious.
He loves maple syrup so he really enjoyed this side dish.
Imagine baby carrots nicely coated with maple syrup, with the poppy grainy dijon mustard.
This might well be my new favorite roasted carrots recipe!
I always use baby carrots when it comes to roasting carrots; first, it’s less work for me as I don’t have to peel and clean the regular carrots.
Secondly, kids just love baby carrots.
Some baby carrots are thin and long, while others are short and bigger, so adjust your roasting time to get to your desired texture.
I like my carrots fork-tender and it took about 25 minutes to roast them in the oven.
You may use regular carrots, the recipe works the same but just adjust your roasting time!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 177 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lbs baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the carrots with the melted butter, maple syrup, dijon mustard, a big pinch of salt and ground black pepper. Make sure each carrot is nicely coated. Transfer the carrots on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, distribute evenly in one single layer.
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes, or until the carrot is fork-tender and completely cooked through.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 177Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 20mgSodium 177mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 4gSugar 19gProtein 1g