Other Recipes You Might Like
Now how do you make delicious and crispy chicken nuggets without deep-frying? You bake them to make these amazing baked chicken nuggets that feed the entire family, including the pickiest eaters.
The secret ingredient in this baked chicken nuggets recipe is Parmesan cheese. Mix grated Parmesan cheese with the panko bread crumbs and generously coat the chicken.
If you don’t have panko, you can use regular bread crumbs, but I will tell you that Japanese panko will make the baked chicken nuggets extremely light, airy, and super crispy!
This is the BEST Parmesan baked chicken nuggets recipe you’ll find online, with real chicken and a few simple ingredients. Prep time is only 20 minutes and the oven will do the rest. Enjoy!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 399 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 2 boneless (skinless chicken breasts, approximately 1 lb. (0.4 kg))
- 1 1/4 cup panko (bread crumbs)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten cooking spray)
Spicy Ketchup Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons sriracha or any spicy chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Combine all the ingredients for the Spicy Ketchup Dipping Sauce and chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C). Cut the chicken into 1.5-2 inches pieces. Set on a dish.
- Spread panko in a thin layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 3 minutes in the middle rack, until light brown. Transfer the panko to a shallow dish and mix in the Parmesan and coarse salt. Drizzle the oil and mix well.
- Set out the flour and eggs in separate dishes. Increase the oven temperature to 450°F (218°C). Place a wire rack on the baking sheet, lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In small batches, coat the chicken in flour, shaking off any excess, dip in egg, and lastly coat well with panko. Transfer to the rack. Bake the chicken until desired tenderness, about 12-14 minutes, turning when halfway through. Serve nuggets with the Spicy Ketchup Dipping Sauce.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.