Contributor: Baked by Joanna
When we found the recipe on Chew Town, we instantly knew it was a must-try.
Garlic, herbs and cheese all piled into pizza dough, it sounded magical, and after baking it, I was right.
Besides the fun part of peeling each section of bread from the golden loaf, the bounty of fresh ingredients brought such vibrancy to the dish.
I made some alterations to the recipe, such as changing up the cheeses.
I had plenty of Italian cheeses stashed away for the perfect recipe, so parmesan, asiago and romano it was.
I also added thyme.
To cut down on the prep time, I used freshly made pizza dough from my local grocers.
Not the boxed kind, but the one the store makes and packages.
If yours doesn’t carry it, sometimes pizza restaurants sell their dough as well, so it never hurts to ask if you have a favorite pizza place.
For serving, I opted for a bowl full of zesty marinara sauce.
I made sure it was filled with lots of roasted garlic and herbs to match the ingredients already nestled in this Garlic Herb and Cheese Pull Apart Bread.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 115 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 pound (450 g) fresh pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) thyme leaves
- 1 cup (90 g) shredded Italian cheeses (parmesan, asiago, romano)
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough to 20 x10 inches. Evenly smear the butter over the dough.
- Over the buttered dough, evenly spread the herbs and cheese. Press the ingredients gently into the dough.
- Cut the dough into squares that fit into a long thin loaf pan that's been coated with nonstick spray and lined with parchment paper. Stack the pieces and line the dough vertically into the pan. Don't worry about the ingredients falling out some. Just sprinkle the excess over the dough after the pan is filled.
- Cover the pan with foil and allow to sit for 20 minutes, while preheating the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Uncover the pan, and bake the bread for approximately 55 minutes or until the bread is golden on top. Remove the bread from the pan and serve.
Serving Size1 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 115Total Fat 54gSaturated Fat 15gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 52mgSodium 3509mgCarbohydrates 228gFiber 10gSugar 28gProtein 64g