I’m not sure about you, but after the heavy turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie food binging on Thanksgiving, I need a break from poultry and desserts.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I want a good old shrimp-laden dish with all my favorite ingredients for dinner, so I made a big pot for this creamy shrimp and sun-dried tomatoes pasta.
This pasta recipe hits all the right note for me. It’s not turkey, stuffing, or pumpkin, which I swear I won’t eat until next Fall.
The pasta is mildly creamy, light, and the flavors are simply delicious. The addition of sun-dried tomatoes elevates this dish to gourmet homemade food, ones that I won’t mind eating again and again.
As for all my pasta, my secret ingredient is Japanese sweet cooking wine or mirin, which lends a very faint note of sweetness to the savory pasta.
You don’t have to use it but if have mirin at home, use it! If you don’t have mirin but want a little bit of wine in your pasta, please go ahead and add some white wine. You will taste the difference!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 249 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 12 oz. (340 g) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. (226 g) peeled, deveined, tail-on shrimp
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 oz. (170 g) sun-dried tomatoes plus oil
- 1/4 cup Japanese mirin, sweet wine or white wine, optional
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 squirt lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente per the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- On medium heat, add the olive oil to a skillet. Saute the garlic and add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp until the surface turns slightly white before adding the chicken broth, whipping cream and sun-dried tomatoes. Add the wine (if using), cayenne pepper and salt.
- Stir in the spaghetti, stir to combine well with all the ingredients in the skillet. Add squirts of lemon juice and chopped parsley, turn off the heat and serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 249Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 176mgSodium 1107mgCarbohydrates 128gFiber 10gSugar 29gProtein 35g