Thanksgiving is one week away and I’m sure many of you are finalizing your menu.
A side dish of potatoes is always a crowd pleaser and I have the perfect recipe for you.
Other Recipes You Might Like
These Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes are epic and utterly delicious.
They were so good that I practically finished them myself.
I have many potatoes recipes, but smashed potatoes offer a completely different texture.
First the potatoes are boiled and then smashed flat.
They are then topped with the garlic butter and Parmesan cheese and then roasted in the oven.
So you have the best of everything: crispy edges from roasting, more surface of the potatoes are coated with the garlic butter and cheese.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 270 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- water, for boiling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) baby potatoes
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, Italian parsley preferred
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (207°C).
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the salt. Boil the baby potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, salt, garlic and chopped parsley together. Stir to mix well. Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet. Using the bottom of a small sauce pan or a flat bottom cup, flatten each potato. Brush the garlic butter mixture generously on top of each potato, then top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges of the potatoes turn crispy and golden brown in color. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Serving Size6 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 270Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 32mgSodium 841mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 8g