Thanksgiving is one week away and I’m sure many of you are finalizing your menu.
A side dish of potatoes is always a crowd pleaser and I have the perfect recipe for you.
Other Recipes You Might Like
These Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes are epic and utterly delicious.
They were so good that I practically finished them myself.
I have many potatoes recipes, but smashed potatoes offer a completely different texture.
First the potatoes are boiled and then smashed flat.
They are then topped with the garlic butter and Parmesan cheese and then roasted in the oven.
So you have the best of everything: crispy edges from roasting, more surface of the potatoes are coated with the garlic butter and cheese.
Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes Recipe
Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes - the best potatoes recipe ever with nicely smashed potatoes loaded with butter, garlic and Parmesan cheese. So good.
- water, for boiling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs baby potatoes
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted (6 tablespoons)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, Italian parsley preferred
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat the oven to 400F.
- 2Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the salt. Boil the baby potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 3In a bowl, combine the butter, salt, garlic and chopped parsley together. Stir to mix well. Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet. Using the bottom of a small sauce pan or a flat bottom cup, flatten each potato. Brush the garlic butter mixture generously on top of each potato, then top with the Parmesan cheese.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges of the potatoes turn crispy and golden brown in color. Remove from heat and serve immediately.