Baked Salmon in Foil
Salmon in foil is an easy way to cook salmon. It also delivers amazing results as baked salmon is moist, juicy, tender and bursting with flavors.
I also love it that the oven does all the work and you have a very short active time. What’s more, there is no sheet pan or baking dish to wash.
Honey Garlic Butter Sauce
In my last post, I shared my honey garlic butter recipe with you. Now I am teaching you how to use it to make this amazing honey garlic butter salmon in foil, which is possibly the easiest dinner you will make!
The active time is 10 minutes; make the super easy honey garlic butter sauce, wrap up the salmon in the foil with the honey garlic butter and dinner is done!
The secret to making the best baked salmon in foil is to pat dry the salmon with paper towels. You don’t want the salmon to swim in watery sauce after it’s baked. I usually add half of the honey garlic butter in the foil.
After the salmon is baked in the oven, I would unwrap the foil and spoon out some of the fishy water that seeped out from the salmon. It diluted the amazing sauce and I am not a big fan of the fishy taste.
Drizzle the remaining honey garlic butter on top of the baked salmon and squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top of the salmon before serving. You will have the most amazing and delicious salmon ever.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 330 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) salmon fillet
- ground black pepper
- lemon wedges
Honey Garlic Butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F (207°C).
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in a microwave, about 10-15 seconds. Add honey, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper (if using) and chopped parsley.
- Lay out two big sheets of aluminum foil. Make sure they are big enough to cover and wrap the salmon. Place the salmon on top and season with salt and ground black pepper on both sides of the salmon. Add 1/2 of the Honey Garlic Butter to the fish. Spread well. Wrap up the foil tightly to make sure there is no leakage.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Unwrap the foil and spoon out the extra water that seeped out from the salmon. Drizzle the remaining Honey Garlic Butter on the salmon, squeeze some fresh lemon juice on the salmon and serve immediately.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 330Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 103mgSodium 263mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 30g