Fall officially starts and I can certainly feel the dip in temperature and the crisp cool air, even in sunny Southern California.
When it comes to cooler days, I rely on spicy food to warm me up, such as this utterly delicious Chipotle Lime Shrimp.
Chipotle chili pepper has become my favorite chili powder.
I love the smoky flavor and the stronger heat from dried jalapenos, making everything so much more aromatic and delicious.
This Chipotle Lime Shrimp is so delicious that I finished the entire skillet of shrimp myself.
This recipe is great as an appetizer for game day.
It’s so good!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 395 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb (0.4kg) shrimp, shelled, deveined and tail-on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Chili Pepper, Powder or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or cilantro
- Fresh lime wedges
- Rinse the shrimp with cold water, drain and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) on medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the garlic and saute a few times with a spatula. Add the shrimp into the skillet, stirring and cooking. Add the honey, lime juice, Chipotle Chili Pepper and salt, stir to combine well with the shrimp. Keep stirring and turning the shrimp so both sides are nicely cooked.
- Add the parley or cilantro, stir to combine well. Turn off the heat and serve immediately with some fresh lime wedges. Squeeze the lime juice on top of the shrimp before eating.
I used McCormick Chipotle Chili Pepper, which is amazing with a nice smoky flavor.
Serving Size2 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 395Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 572mgSodium 2071mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 47g