I have a bunch of leftover herbs in my fridge: thymes, oregano and Italian parsley and a pack of frozen shrimp, so I combined them all and turned them into Lemon Herb Butter Shrimp, which is absolutely amazing and delicious!
Spring is in full bloom and this recipe is perfect for spring parties or get-together. The best thing about this lemon herb butter shrimp is that it takes less than 15 minutes to make.
You don’t even need garlic as the herbs infuse the shrimp with amazing aromas and flavors.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Lemon Butter with Herbs
First, you prepare the lemon herb butter by chopping up the thymes, oregano and Italian parsley. Then melt the butter (I used unsalted butter) in the microwave and mix the herbs with the butter.
Squeeze fresh lemon juice into the lemon herb butter and that’s the perfect sauce for the shrimp.
To saute the shrimp, I love using a cast-iron skillet. Just season the shrimp with salt, black pepper and dashes of cayenne pepper and add in the lemon herb butter sauce.
Eat the shrimp by the tail, have some martinis and enjoy an amazing spring day. Happy cooking!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 259 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 lb. shelled and deveined shrimp, tail-on
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped thymes
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Defrost the shrimp, rinse with cold water and pat very dry with paper towels. Season the shrimp with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave, about 30 seconds. Add the thymes, oregano, parsley and lemon juice to the butter. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) on high heat. When the skillet is heated, add the olive oil. Swirl the olive oil to coat evenly on the skillet, then add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp, not stirring, for about 1 - 2 minutes on each side until they are cooked. Pour in the lemon herb butter, let it sizzle a little bit. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.