Instant Pot Pasta
Making pasta in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker is very easy.
In this recipe, I am going to teach you the step-by-step method and instruction on cooking pasta in an Instant Pot.
This Instant Pot pasta takes only 8 minutes of pressure cooking. Dinner is ready in a jiffy and you will have the creamiest and most delicious pasta ever!
Other instant Pot Recipes You Might Like:
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken – everyone’s favorite. Must try!
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken – serve with pasta for an amazing chicken dinner.
- Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken -juicy and tender Chicken Dinner.
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken – just Like Indian buffets.
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Kalua Pork – transports you to Hawaii.
How to Cook Pasta in Instant Pot?
You can cook all kinds of pasta in an Instant Pot but linguine is my favorite.
Here are my tips for cooking pasta in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Break the linguine pasta in half lengths so they fit perfectly in the Instant Pot. This tip applies to spaghetti.
- Make sure you have enough liquid to cook the pasta on pressure cooking. I used 3 1/4 cups of liquid for this recipe.
- The pasta should submerge in the liquid so they will be cooked perfectly.
- VERY IMPORTANT TIP: make sure you use a wooden spatula to stir the pasta with the liquid before you start pressure cooking. Push the linguine to the sides of the Instant Pot instead of all pilling in the center. This will make sure that the linguine doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pressure cooker or Instant Pot. This will prevent the “Burn” error message on your appliance.
- Reduce the sauce using the “Saute” mode for 1 minute if it’s too runny.
Pasta in Instant Pot
This creamy garlic Parmesan pasta is one of the best Instant Pot pasta recipes!
It calls for simple ingredients that you already have at home: garlic, Parmesan cheese, heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, garlic and lemon.
This recipe takes only 5 minutes prep time. This is a quick dinner to make on busy weeknights.
Instant Pot Pasta Sauce
If you like extra pasta sauce, double up on the sauce ingredients of chicken broth and heavy whipping cream.
The cooking time is the same.
Do not overcook the pasta; the linguine pasta should be al dente, with a bit of a bite, not soggy and overcooked.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe serves 3 people. It’s 518 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve this pasta dish with vegetable side dishes. For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 8 oz. (226 g) linguine, I used Barilla brand
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- Break the linguine pasta into half lengths.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode, add the olive oil. When the oil is fully heated, saute the garlic for 10 seconds. Add the chicken broth, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and linguine. IMPORTANT: Stir the linguine towards the sides of the Instant Pot, and make sure they are covered in the liquid.
- Cover the pot and select Manual and set to High pressure for 8 minutes. When it beeps, turn to Quick Release.
- When the valve drops, remove the cover carefully, stir the pasta and add the heavy whipping cream, Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. If the sauce is too runny, turn on "Saute" mode to reduce the sauce, about 1 minute. Serve immediately. You may top with extra Parmesan cheese and/or lemon wedges.
I used a 6-quart Instant Pot. You may double the recipe but still cook for 8 minutes on high pressure. If you use spaghetti, cook for 6 minutes on high pressure.
If you want it to be more saucy, use 2 cups chicken broth
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can make this Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pasta on a skillet using your stove top. You may refer to my Skillet Creamy Garlic Parmesan Fettucine recipe.
Amount Per Serving Calories 518Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 98mgSodium 1538mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 11g