How to Make Pasta in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker?
Making pasta in a pressure cooker or Instant Pot is very easy and I am going to teach you the step-by-step method and instruction.
This Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) pasta takes only 8 minutes of pressure cooking and dinner is ready. What’s more, you will have the creamiest, most delicious pasta ever!
Cooking Pasta in Instant Pot
You can cook all kinds of pasta in an Instant Pot. Linguine is my favorite pasta and I use it a lot in my pasta recipes. Here are my tips of cooking pasta in pressure cooker or Instant Pot:
- Break the linguine in half lengths so they fit perfectly in the Instant Pot. This tip applies to spaghetti
- Make sure you have enough liquid to cook the pasta on pressure cooking. I used 3 1/4 cups of liquid for this recipe.
- The pasta should submerge in the liquid so they will be cooked perfectly
- VERY IMPORTANT TIP: make sure you use a wooden spatula to stir the pasta with the liquid before you start pressure cooking. Push the linguine to the sides of the Instant Pot instead of all pilling in the center. This will make sure that the linguine doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pressure cooker or Instant Pot. This will prevent the “Burn” error message on your appliance.
- Reduce the sauce using the “Saute” mode for 1 minute if it’s too runny.
This creamy garlic Parmesan pasta is absolutely mouthwatering. It calls for only a few ingredients that you already have in your pantry and refrigerator: garlic, Parmesan cheese, heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, garlic and lemon.
That’s all you need, and practically 5 minutes prep time, and 8 minutes in the Instant Pot and dinner is ready.
My recipe serves 2-3 people but you can easily double up the ingredients and cook for the same time. I love it that the linguine turn out perfectly cooked and al dente, with a bit of a bite and not soggy and overcooked.
Try this Instant Pot pasta recipe, I am sure you will love it.
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken – Everyone’s Favorite. Must Try!
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Mushroom Chicken – Serve with Pasta for an amazing chicken dinner.
- Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken – Juicy and Tender Chicken Dinner.
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken – Just Like Indian Buffets.
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Kalua Pork – Transports you to Hawaii.
Complete Meal Plan
SUBSCRIBE AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE
SUBSCRIBE TO RASA MALAYSIA NEWSLETTER AND GET EASY AND DELICIOUS RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX. If you try my recipe, please use hashtag #rasamalaysia on social media so I can see your creations! Follow me on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for new recipes, giveaways and more.
All photos and recipes on Rasa Malaysia are copyright protected. Please do not use the photos and recipes without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own words instead of copy and paste and link back to //rasamalaysia.com/instant-pot-creamy-garlic-parmesan-pasta/. Thank you very much!