Tequila Lime Shrimp Recipe
Tequila lime shrimp is one of the most popular Mexican recipes.
The main ingredients are shrimp and tequila.
This dish is great for making shrimp tacos, especially with flour tortillas.
Other Shrimp Recipes You Might Like
Tequila Lime Shrimp Marinade
Here are the ingredients used as the marinade:
- Lime juice
To make the best sizzling Tequila Lime Shrimp just like your favorite Mexican restaurant, please follow my tips below:
- Use a cast iron skillet to make the shrimp.
- Season the shrimp with salt, black pepper and paprika for extra flavors.
- Saute the garlic and shrimp on high heat then drizzle in the tequila. The alcohol is going to vaporize in high heat and the shrimp will be infused with the intoxicating tequila flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Add the Shrimp to Zoodles
Other than shrimp tacos, you can also add the shrimp as toppings to zoodles or zucchini noodles, such as this recipe on Taste of Home.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 186 calories per serving.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve this dish with other Mexican recipes. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Tequila Lime Shrimp
- 12 oz. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron skillet preferred) and add the olive oil. Saute the garlic for a little bit before adding the shrimp. Continue to cook the shrimp until they turn slightly charred and burned. Drizzle in the tequila, toss the skillet a few times. Add the lime juice, stir to combine well.
- Turn off the heat and add the cilantro. Serve the tequila lime shrimp with Mexican rice or wrap with warm tortilla.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
?I made this last night with roasted asparagus/red pepper/garlic medley and it was delicious! I didn’t have any rice but that would be a great go with.
Also had a tequila lime cocktail…. a little tequila for the shrimp, a little tequila for me?
Thank you. I will definitely make this again.