Do you notice something different? Yes, I have just launched an updated design on Rasa Malaysia. The site is now mobile responsive, meaning, you are going to have a MUCH better user experience reading my blog on your mobile devices.
There is no more pinching and zooming to get my recipes, everything will look much bigger and I promise you are going to love it.
Now to celebrate this monumental day, let’s have some alcohol, an alcohol-infused dish, with shrimp, my favorite ingredient in the whole world.
Alcohol does wonders to food, such as this amazing, enticing, and absolutely mouthwatering Tequila Lime Shrimp. Garlic, paprika, tequila, lime, cilantro and shrimp; they are perfect match made in food heaven.
God bless the Mexicans for inventing this recipe and now I just can’t wait for Cinco de Mayo in May.
To make the best sizzling Tequila Lime Shrimp ala your favorite Mexican restaurant, I suggest you use a cast iron skillet. You start by seasoning the shrimp with salt, black pepper and paprika.
Fire up your skillet, saute the garlic and shrimp until the shrimp is slightly burned, then drizzle in the tequila. The alcohol is going to vaporize in high heat and the shrimp will be infused with the intoxicating tequila flavors.
The best thing of all, it takes 15 minutes from prep to dinner table. Now get yourself some margarita, tortillas or Mexican rice, and you will have the best restaurant-style meal at home, at a fraction of the cost. Enjoy!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 186 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Tequila Lime Shrimp Recipe
Tequila Lime Shrimp - shrimp with tequila, lime, cilantro! Crazy easy and budget friendly recipe, SO good, takes 15 mins to make!
- 12 oz peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1Season the shrimp with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 2Heat up a skillet (cast-iron skillet preferred) and add the olive oil. Saute the garlic for a little bit before adding the shrimp. Continue to cook the shrimp until they turn slightly charred and burned. Drizzle in the tequila, toss the skillet a few times. Add the lime juice, stir to combine well.
- 3Turn off the heat and add the cilantro. Serve the tequila lime shrimp with Mexican rice or wrap with warm tortilla.
If you don't consume alcohol, you can skip the tequila and it will still taste good.