Tequila Lime Shrimp Recipe
Tequila lime shrimp is one of the most popular Mexican recipes.
The main ingredients are shrimp and tequila.
This dish is great for making shrimp tacos, especially with flour tortillas.
Other Shrimp Recipes You Might Like
Tequila Lime Shrimp Marinade
Here are the ingredients used as the marinade:
- Lime juice
To make the best sizzling Tequila Lime Shrimp just like your favorite Mexican restaurant, please follow my tips below:
- Use a cast iron skillet to make the shrimp.
- Season the shrimp with salt, black pepper and paprika for extra flavors.
- Saute the garlic and shrimp on high heat then drizzle in the tequila. The alcohol is going to vaporize in high heat and the shrimp will be infused with the intoxicating tequila flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Add the Shrimp to Zoodles
Other than shrimp tacos, you can also add the shrimp as toppings to zoodles or zucchini noodles, such as this recipe on Taste of Home.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 186 calories per serving.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
Serve this dish with other Mexican recipes. For a healthy meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 12 oz. (340 g) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron skillet preferred) and add the olive oil. Saute the garlic for a little bit before adding the shrimp. Continue to cook the shrimp until they turn slightly charred and burned. Drizzle in the tequila, toss the skillet a few times. Add the lime juice, stir to combine well.
- Turn off the heat and add the cilantro. Serve the tequila lime shrimp with Mexican rice or wrap with warm tortilla.
If you don't consume alcohol, you can skip the tequila and it will still taste good.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 186Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 286mgSodium 1141mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 23g