Broiled shrimp is one of the easiest shrimp recipes you can make at home. It’s so quick and easy, and the cooking time takes only a few minutes.
This broiled shrimp with garlic butter recipe yields delicious shrimps that rival the best seafood restaurants and I am going to teach you how to make it.
Other Recipes You Might Like
How Do You Broil Shrimp?
To broil shrimp, you will need an oven. Instead of baking, turn on the broil function and quickly broil the shrimp until they are cooked, which takes only a few minutes. Broiled shrimps are always moist and juicy!
Garlic and butter are two magic ingredients that work on all kinds of proteins, and they pair perfectly with raw shrimp.
All you have to do is mix the shrimp with the garlic and butter mixture before broiling, so easy!
What Kind of Shrimp to Use?
For this recipe, you can use frozen shrimp. You can buy them with tail-on or without the tail.
For this broiled shrimp with garlic butter recipe, I chose shelled and deveined shrimp, without tails.
I used Argentina shrimp from Trader Joe’s. They are amazing and less than $10 per package.
They are almost as big as jumbo shrimp; they taste sweet, briny and absolutely delicious.
To serve, just cut a few wedges of lemon and serve with the shrimp.
Squeeze some fresh lemon juice onto the broiled shrimp with garlic butter and you will have utterly delicious shrimp that is a lot cheaper than restaurants.
This recipe is perfect for entertaining, especially during the holidays. Enjoy!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 248 calories per serving.
What Dishes To Serve with this Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 lb. (0.4 kg) shelled and deveined shrimp or jumbo shrimp, thawed and pat dry with paper towels
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- lemon wedges
- Set oven to Broil setting. Thaw the frozen shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer the shrimp to a baking dish and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Add the minced garlic and butter to the shrimp, stir to mix well.
- Broil the shrimp for about 8 minutes, or until they are cooked. Remove from oven, topped with chopped parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Serving Size3 people
Amount Per Serving Calories 248Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 230mgSodium 1634mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 21g