Garlic noodles…just the name alone conjures up buttery, garlicky, flavorful noodles with Parmesan cheese, a popular Asian-flavored noodles found in many restaurants. Now what’s better than garlic noodles? These nutty, intensely aromatic Brown Butter Garlic Noodles.
I created my famous Garlic Noodles recipe 10 years ago, in 2008. Many of my readers have since tried the recipe and loved it. Today, I am upgrading the recipe with fewer and easy-to-get ingredients, with brown butter.
What is Brown Butter
Brown butter is basically butter, but “cooked” over high heat until the butter becomes foamy and turn brown in color.
The heat “cooks” the milk contents in the butter so they form the brown bits in the butter, hence turning the butter brown in color.
See the above picture of brown butter (image credit: Serious Eat).
When cooked with brown butter and seasoned with oyster sauce and Parmesan noodles, this simple noodle dish becomes one of the most delicious noodle recipe ever!
You can eat these noodles plain, or with a simple protein dish such as grilled shrimp. Bon appetit!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 274 calories per serving.
Serve Brown Butter Garlic Noodles with:
For a wholesome dinner, make the following dishes.
Pairs well with:
Brown Butter Garlic Noodles Recipe
Brown Butter Garlic Noodles - the best noodles ever with garlic, brown butter, Parmesan cheese and oyster sauce. This recipe is delicious and takes 20 mins to make.
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drained and set aside.
- 2Heat up a skillet on medium-high heat and add the melted butter. Cook until the butter starts to foam and turn slightly brown. Add the garlic, stir a few times before adding the noodles and oyster sauce. Stir to mix well.
- 3Add the Parmesan cheese, stir to combine well with the noodles. Turn off the heat and serve immediately.