It’s getting hot out there, in fact, this past week we had a blistering hot heat wave in Southern California.
It was so hot that I needed a big pitcher of sparkling watermelon lemonade to cool me down and quench my thirst.
This drink recipe was exactly that I needed.
Homemade lemonade is so easy to make and takes only a few ingredients, and definitely tastes much better (and cheaper!) than store-bought bottles.
I love my lemonade sparkling, so I added seltzer.
Every sip is bubbly, sparkling, sweet, with a nice citrusy note from the fresh lemon.
It was so refreshing!
Stay away from store-bought lemonade and make your own this summer.
You will love it especially if you pair with backyard BBQ and summer foods (check out my summer recipes).
Enjoy your weekend and stay cool!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 88 calories per serving.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 4 cups cubed fresh watermelon
- 1/3 cup sugar or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups seltzer
- 2 lemon (sliced)
- 2 cups ice
- In a blender combine the watermelon and sugar. Puree until fine. Add more sugar to taste.
- Transfer the watermelon mixture into a pitcher, add the lemon juice, seltzer, lemon slices and ice. Stir to mix well. Serve cold.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.