I have always loved corn bread, and I enjoy it very much, especially with a spread of whipped honey butter.
I love the warm, fluffy corn bread, especially when they are hot off the oven, plus I can have them for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
I usually have corn bread whenever I have American BBQ, or at little G’s favorite Soupplantation.
I always ask for seconds, but I don’t have to anymore as I can now make it at home, with this easy and fuss-free skillet corn bread.
The recipe is from Food Network.
It works well.
While you wait for the corn bread to bake in the oven, make your whipped honey butter by whipping (with mixer or by hand).
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 417 calories per serving.
What to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely ground cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
Whipped Honey Butter:
- 1/4 lb butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C) and place a 9-inch cast iron skillet inside to heat while you make the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk in the milk, buttermilk, and eggs. Whisk in almost all of the melted butter, reserving about 1 tablespoon for the skillet later on.
- Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F (190°C). Coat the bottom and sides of the hot skillet with the remaining butter. Pour the batter into the skillet and place it in the center of the oven. Bake until the center is firm and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Make the Whipped Honey Butter by whipping the butter and honey together until fluffy and light, using a mixer or by hand. Serve the corn bread warm with the honey butter.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.