Banana Nut Bread Recipe
Banana nut bread is one of the most loved banana bread recipes. The reason is simple: everyone loves nuts.
Nuts add so much texture, nutty and earthy flavors to the bread, making this recipe so popular.
This is an easy and the best banana nut bread recipe that you can make in a jiffy.
The bread is super moist, best-ever, fail-proof and novice baker friendly.
Other Banana Bread Recipes You Might Like
This easy recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Unsalted butter
- White sugar or brown sugar
- All-purpose flour or cake flour
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Mashed bananas
- Heavy whipping cream
How to Make Banana Nut Bread?
It’s very easy to make the bread. First, you mash overripe bananas and preheat the oven.
Next, you cream butter and sugar until fluffy before adding eggs, whipping cream and mashed bananas.
Then, make the batter by adding flour, baking soda and chopped nuts.
The final step is baking the banana nut bread batter in the oven for 60 minutes.
What Kind of Nuts to Use?
Walnuts are best for this recipe. They add nutty flavors and crunchy texture to the banana bread.
All you have to do is buy walnut halves, chop them into small pieces and add to the batter.
Other nuts you might consider are pecan and pine nuts, which also add earthy texture and flavor to the recipe.
If you use pine nuts, there is no need to chop them since they are small.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Make Banana Nut Bread Very Moist?
For super moist bread, I recommend using heavy whipping cream or plain yogurt.
It will make sure that the bread is moist and soft.
Can I Freeze the Bread?
Yes, you can but I don’t recommend it. However, you can certainly keep it in the refrigerator for a few days.
You can slice the bread before wrapping with a sheet of aluminum foil. Place it inside a plastic bag.
To serve, reheat in a toaster oven or microwave.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 298 calories per slice of bread.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
Serve this bread with a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate. For an afternoon tea party, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 stick plus 5 tablespoons (180 g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated white sugar or brown sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or plain yogurt
- 2 (220 g) overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour or cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 /2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, chopped
- 1/4 walnut halves, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a loaf pan with butter. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until creamy and well combined.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream, mashed bananas, stir to mix well.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and chopped walnuts. Stir to combine well.
- Transfer the batter into the greased loaf pan and top with the walnut halves.
- Bake for 50 to 60 mins or until a cake tester inserted into the banana nut bread comes out clean. Remove the loaf pan from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes. Loosen it out from the loaf pan, slice into 10 pieces and serve warm.
- Other than heavy whipping cream, you can use full milk or evaporated milk.
- You may bake the banana nut bread in a round or rectangle cake pan.
- This recipe is adapted from Blessed Homemaker.
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 60mgSodium 330mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 15gProtein 6g