The Best Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
These banana nut muffins from scratch are super moist, buttery and delicious.
Every bite is loaded with sweet and ripe bananas, with the nutty crunch and flavors of chopped walnuts.
The recipe is so easy and fail proof. If you are learning baking recipes, you are guaranteed to have success!
This easy recipe calls for simple ingredients below:
- Overripe bananas
- Unsalted butter
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Banana Nut Muffins?
This recipe calls for a simple 3-step process. The bananas are divided into two portions.
First, mash two bananas. You want to have a bit of texture.
Next, combine all the batter ingredients with the remaining two bananas, beat to mix well.
The final step is to fold in the mashed bananas and chopped walnut.
Bake in the oven at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Banana Nut Muffins Good for You?
If you eat them in moderation, these muffins make a healthy breakfast.
Having one of these muffins provides vitamin E, iron, vitamin B, omega-3 fatty acids and essential minerals.
Why Are My Banana Muffins Dense?
The muffins probably rose too fast and then sank after baking.
Please make sure you add the correct quantities for each ingredient.
Additionally, don’t over mix the batter or else too much air will release, causing the muffins to be dense.
For the best results, always use a scale to weight ingredients for baking.
Banana Nut Muffin Calories
Each banana nut muffin is only 258 calories.
What Dishes to Serve with this Recipe?
Muffins are best served as breakfast or a snack. For a wholesome tea party, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 (15 oz. or 425 g) overripe peeled bananas, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks, 6 oz. or 170 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- Scant 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 15 cups of two regular muffin pans.
- Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, eggs, sugar, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, sour cream/yogurt and the remaining 2 bananas. Beat the ingredients with an electric mixer for 3 minutes or until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the batter into each cup using an ice cream scoop or a spoon. This recipe yields 15 muffins.
- Bake the banana nut muffins for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins turn brown.
Sour cream or yogurt makes these banana nut muffins extra moist and stay moist over night. If you don't have sour cream or yogurt, you may skip it.
The cup measurement is American/US cup.
Amount Per Serving Calories 258Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 49mgSodium 208mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 2gSugar 17gProtein 4g