The Best Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
These banana nut muffins from scratch are super moist, buttery and delicious.
Every bite is loaded with sweet and ripe bananas, with the nutty crunch and flavors of chopped walnuts.
The recipe is so easy and fail proof. If you are learning baking recipes, you are guaranteed to have success!
This easy recipe calls for simple ingredients below:
- Overripe bananas
- Unsalted butter
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Banana Nut Muffins?
This recipe calls for a simple 3-step process. The bananas are divided into two portions.
First, mash two bananas. You want to have a bit of texture.
Next, combine all the batter ingredients with the remaining two bananas, beat to mix well.
The final step is to fold in the mashed bananas and chopped walnut.
Bake in the oven at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Banana Nut Muffins Good for You?
If you eat them in moderation, these muffins make a healthy breakfast.
Having one of these muffins provides vitamin E, iron, vitamin B, omega-3 fatty acids and essential minerals.
Why Are My Banana Muffins Dense?
The muffins probably rose too fast and then sank after baking.
Please make sure you add the correct quantities for each ingredient.
Additionally, don’t over mix the batter or else too much air will release, causing the muffins to be dense.
For the best results, always use a scale to weight ingredients for baking.
Banana Nut Muffin Calories
Each banana nut muffin is only 258 calories.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
Muffins are best served as breakfast or a snack. For a wholesome tea party, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
- 4 overripe peeled bananas, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Grease 15 cups of two regular muffin pans.
- Mash 2 of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl so they still have a bit of texture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, eggs, sugar, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, sour cream/yogurt and the remaining 2 bananas. Beat the ingredients with an electric mixer for 3 minutes or until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and the mashed bananas with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the batter into each cup using an ice cream scoop or a spoon. This recipe yields 15 muffins.
- Bake the banana nut muffins for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins turn brown.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.