Best Banana Muffins Ever
Banana Crumb Muffins are the best banana muffins ever and I am being completely honest with you. You don’t even need a stand mixer or electric beater, just mix and stir everything together in a bowl with hands!
Imagine buttery, aromatic and moist banana muffins with crunchy sweet crumbs and topping that add sweetness and texture to banana muffins.
Yes, this is the King Arthur Flour’s banana crumb muffins recipe that everyone is raving about and you’ve got to make them as soon as possible.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Banana Muffin Topping Ideas
There are many toppings that you can can add to your muffins but I love this topping idea that combines brown sugar, flour and ground cinnamon as the crumb. First of all, it’s very simple to make; secondly, they consist of everyday ingredients that you already have in your pantry.
I love it that these muffins are not overly sweet, so the crumb topping adds an extra layer of sweetness to the muffins, making them absolutely delightful.
Tips on How to Bake Banana Crumb Muffins
- Use ripe bananas. They will ensure that your muffins are moist.
- The bananas in the United States are usually much bigger than the ones found in Asia, about 4 ounces in weight each. If you are in Asia, double up on the bananas or make sure you measure the weight of the bananas to match the recipe.
How Long Can You Keep the Muffins?
You can keep freshly baked muffins for up to 2-3 days, wrapped up in aluminum foil or a tightly sealed plastic bag. You can also keep them in the refrigerator. I don’t recommend freezing.
If you keep them in the refrigerator, you can reheat the muffins in a microwave for about 6-8 seconds before serving. You can also use a toaster oven to reheat the muffins.
What to Serve with this Recipe?
These muffins are great with a cup of coffee or tea. For an afternoon tea party, I recommend the following sweet treats to go with the muffins.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 218 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (12 oz. / 340 g) bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe Source: Allrecipes.com
Serving Size12 muffins
Amount Per Serving Calories 218Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 29mgSodium 196mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 2g