Holiday baking is probably over but I have yet another great baking recipe to share with you all—banana oatmeal raisin muffins.
I have always loved banana nut muffins, and raisin butter cake, so this muffin is sort of combining all my favorite ingredients into one, with the addition of oatmeal for the extra fiber and nutrition.
This muffin is rather filling because of the high-energy bananas and also the oatmeal, but the taste is absolutely delicious.
It’s perfect as a breakfast, with a cup of milk or coffee, and a quick pick-me-up afternoon snack.
I have also packed this for my son so he can have it at his day care.
The new year is just around the corner and I wish you all a very happy and healthy 2013. Have a great one!
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 229 calories per serving.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick oats + extra for topping
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 mashed overripe banana
- Soak raisins with 1 tablespoon water. Chill for 2-3 hours. When ready to use, remove from the refrigerator, squeeze dry and pat with paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to 380°F (190°C). Line a 12-muffins/cupcakes baking pan.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Add in the brown sugar and whisk to mix the dry ingredients together. Set aside.
- Combine the quick oats and milk together in another bowl. Set aside.
- In a new bowl, beat the egg, add in the vegetable oil and beat to incorporate. Add in the mashed banana and mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg, oil and banana mixture. Use a spatula to fold the flour into the center until all combined with no traces of flour.
- Next, fold in the oats and milk mixture. Add the raisin and fold a few more times. Do not over mix.
- Spoon the batter into the liner until 75%-80% full. Sprinkle some oats on the top.
- Bake at 380°F (190°C) for 10 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 350°F (180°C) for another 8-10 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center come out clean. Transfer muffins to wire rack to cool completely before storing the muffins in air tight containers.
Serving Size12 muffins
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 14mgSodium 86mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 3g