Raisin Butter Cake Recipe
I have the best butter cake recipe, and today, I am sharing a variation with some raisins.
This raisin butter cake is buttery, rich, moist and loaded with sweet raisins. The taste is heavenly!
- To prevent the raisins from sinking to the bottom of the cake, dust the raisins with some flour, shake off the excess before adding on top of the batter.
- Use a good butter. It really makes a difference in the taste and aroma.
- Depending on your oven, sometimes, the exterior of the cake might turn too brown but the inside remains uncooked. Cover the cake with aluminum foil after the top part has set.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 376 calories per piece of cake.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 2 1/4 sticks (250 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 7 oz. (200 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 oz. (200 g) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons fresh milk
- 1/4 cup raisins, dusted with some all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a regular loaf pan or two mini loaf pans with some butter.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder together and sieve. Add in the salt and mix well. Set aside.
- Use an electronic beater to mix butter and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color, about 5 minutes. (Note: sugar has not dissolved yet).
- Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg, about 1-2 minutes or until creamy,. Scrape down the sides for even mixing.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix well. Fold in the flour into the mixture and mix well. Add in the milk and fold in the raisins. Save some raisins for the top. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan. Shake lightly to distribute the cake batter evenly. Add the remaining raisins to the top.
- Bake until golden brown or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, about 40-50 minutes. Remove it from the oven and let cool on wire rack for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Depending on the oven, if you cake browns too fast, cover the top of the cake with aluminum foil, after the top is set.
Serving Size10 pieces
Amount Per Serving Calories 376Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 130mgSodium 190mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 5g