I have found the best butter cake recipe ever!
I love butter cake and am constantly looking for the most buttery, rich, and moist butter cake recipe. To me, searching for the ultimate butter cake recipe is like the quest for the perfect fried chicken recipe. Even though you might have found a keeper, you know that somewhere out there, someone has an even better recipe.
I had been using this butter cake recipe (adapted from Southern Food) for a while and am pleased with it, but it’s a tad dry.
I love my butter cake really buttery. So, when I read this post on Food-4Tots, I knew that I had to give the recipe a try.
It was adapted from a Chinese baking book. The verdict: this might be it, the best butter cake recipe that tastes exactly like the way I like it: extremely buttery (or even oily), moist, sweet, and rich. I added some raisins to my butter cake to make raisin butter cake, it was heavenly.
By the way, if you are a pro-baker (I am not), would you please tell me how to prevent my raisins from sinking to the bottom? I did mix the raisins with the all-purpose flour and they were all well-dusted, but still, they sunk to the bottom? Any idea?
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 262 calories per serving.
Raisin Butter Cake Recipe
Raisin Butter Cake, rich, buttery, and so yummy!
- 2 1/3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature (250 g)
- 7 oz plain flour/ all-purpose flour (200 g)
- 7 oz castor sugar (200 g)
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup raisins + 1 tablespoon
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Lightly grease the pan with some butter.
- 3Mix the flour and the baking powder together and sieve. Add in salt and mix well. Set aside.
- 4Use an electronic beater to mix butter and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color. (Note: Sugar has not dissolved yet).
- 5Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy.
- 6Scrape down the sides for even mixing.
- 7Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
- 8Fold in the flour into the mixture and mix well.
- 9Finally, add in the milk and fold in the raisins. Mix well.
Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan. Shake it lightly to distribute cake mixture evenly.
Bake until golden brown and cooked, about 40 minutes. Use a cake tester to test if it's cooked.
Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.