I am always excited to try new butter cake recipes.
I like simple cakes, plain old rich, buttery, sweet cakes that fill the house with the wonderful smell of baking.
When I chanced upon this amazing walnut butter cake recipe on Nasi Lemak Lover, I knew I had to make it.
My little boy was browsing the internet with me and saw the pictures of the cake.
He pointed to me and said “Mama, can you make this for me?” Of course I would.
He loves walnut and this cake is just perfect as his afternoon snack…as a mom, I would make anything that he wanted to eat.
The walnut is first ground and then mixed with the batter and the cake is topped with whole walnuts.
The cake is just beautiful.
The next day, two loaves of this beautiful, extremely delicious, light, yet buttery walnut butter cake came out from my oven.
I gave some to my friend to try and he absolutely loved it.
This walnut butter cake recipe is a keeper.
I am sure I will be making it over and over again.
Try it out, trust me, you will be very happy if you do.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
This recipe is only 587 calories per serving.
Pairs well with:
Walnut Butter Cake Recipe
Walnut Butter Cake - rich and sweet butter cake LOADED with ground walnut, the best cake ever!
- 110 g all-purpose flour (4 oz)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 g salted butter, room temperature (4.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80 g fine sugar (3 oz)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 60 g walnut, processed in a food processor until fine (2 oz)
- 30 g whole walnut, for topping (1 oz)
- 1Grease the baking pan with butter. Sift the flour and baking powder, set aside
- 2Cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar till fluffy and pale (take about 4 mins using electric hand mixer at speed 2). Add in the eggs one at a time, cream well until well combined before adding another one.
- 3Fold the flour, ground walnut and milk, and mix to combine well. Transfer the batter into the greased pan, shake gently to level off the batter. Sprinkle the whole walnuts on top.
- 4Bake at a pre-heated oven at 180C (350F) for about 30-35 mins or until a cake tester inserted into the walnut butter cake comes out clean.
For the best results, please use metric measurement above. To convert, please use this conversion table.