Walnut Butter Cake Recipe
Two of the most popular baking recipes on Rasa Malaysia are butter cake and brownie butter cake.
I am always excited to try new butter cake recipes.
I like simple cakes, plain old rich, buttery, sweet cakes that fill the house with the wonderful smell of baking.
When I chanced upon this amazing recipe on Nasi Lemak Lover, I knew I had to make it.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This cake calls for simple ingredients:
- Salted butter
- All-purpose flour
How to Make Walnut Butter Cake?
It’s very easy to bake this delicious cake at home. The steps are very simple.
The walnut is first ground and then mixed with the batter.
The cake is topped with whole walnuts and baked.
This recipe makes two mini loaves. The cake is extremely delicious, light, yet buttery with walnut.
How Many Calories per Serving?
Each slice of cake is only 209 calories.
What to Serve with This Cake?
Serve this cake with your favorite beverage. For an afternoon tea, I recommend the following recipes.
For more great recipes like this, sign up for our newsletter. We’ll send daily recipes you’ll love!
Sign up for our newsletter!
Walnut Butter Cake
- 4 oz. all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4.5 oz. salted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 oz. fine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 oz. walnut, processed in a food processor until fine
- 1 oz. whole walnut, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease two (2) mini loaf pans with butter. Sift the flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar till fluffy and pale (take about 4 mins using electric hand mixer at speed 2). Add in the eggs one at a time, cream well until well combined before adding another one.
- Fold the flour, ground walnut and milk, and mix to combine well. Transfer the batter into the greased pan, shake gently to level off the batter. Sprinkle the whole walnuts on top.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until a cake tester inserted into the walnut butter cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven, let cool on a wire rack. Loosen the cake from the loaf pans and slice into pieces.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.
I have tried various butter walnut cake recipes, and this recipe is by far the best. Follow the proportions as given, and you won’t go wrong. I doubled the proportions to make a larger loaf cake. So good, thank you very much.
Hii how should i adjust the temp and baking time if i bake in 6inch round pan
It should be the same just bake shorter by checking doneness.
You mentioned two pans . What are sizes of the pans? Thanks
Mini loaf pans.
My walnut cake is nice to eat. The only problem is it is too soft and breaks easily causing the walnuts to fall off. I tried your method a number of times but the problem still persists. Please advise.
Sorry I don’t know why. It didn’t happen to me!
I hv baked this again and again for family and friends. It has always turn out well. Instead of milk, I put cream and it turns out more moist!
Baked this today was yummy! Thank you for sharing, you have helped me become a better cook ever since leaving Malaysia! Would be helpful to mention the size of the pans used, I ended up using a larger pan but reduced baking time and turned out delicious albeit it did not achieve a loaf height :)
I just made it and it is delicious. I thought the batter was quite thick so I added about 1/4 cup of milk. It was still thick and needed to be spread in the pan. I used an 8×8 pirex. The end result was a surprisingly light and buttery sponge. The walnut taste comes right through. I served it with a dollop of vanilla whip cream, but honestly it does not need any icing. I will make it again, for sure!
Thanks for your trying!