Walnut Butter Cake Recipe
I am always excited to try new butter cake recipes.
I like simple cakes, plain old rich, buttery, sweet cakes that fill the house with the wonderful smell of baking.
When I chanced upon this amazing recipe on Nasi Lemak Lover, I knew I had to make it.
This cake calls for simple ingredients:
- Salted butter
- All-purpose flour
How to Make Walnut Butter Cake?
It’s very easy to bake this delicious cake at home. The steps are very simple.
The walnut is first ground and then mixed with the batter.
The cake is topped with whole walnuts and baked.
This recipe makes two mini loaves. The cake is extremely delicious, light, yet buttery with walnut.
How Many Calories Per Serving?
Each slice of cake is only 209 calories.
What To Serve with this Cake?
Serve this cake with your favorite beverage. For an afternoon tea, I recommend the following recipes.
5 Secrets to 20 Min Dinners
Get tricks for quick & easy meals!
- 4 oz. (110 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4.5 oz. (125 g) salted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 oz. (80 g) fine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 oz. (60 g) walnut, processed in a food processor until fine
- 1 oz. (30 g) whole walnut, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease two (2) mini loaf pans with butter. Sift the flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Cream butter, vanilla extract and sugar till fluffy and pale (take about 4 mins using electric hand mixer at speed 2). Add in the eggs one at a time, cream well until well combined before adding another one.
- Fold the flour, ground walnut and milk, and mix to combine well. Transfer the batter into the greased pan, shake gently to level off the batter. Sprinkle the whole walnuts on top.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until a cake tester inserted into the walnut butter cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven, let cool on wire rack. Loosen the cake from the loaf pans and slice into pieces.
Amount Per Serving Calories 209Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 43mgSodium 89mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 6g